Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

This is not over by any means. TBH. Its close. Perhaps I am just going down the ship here, but I am still not writing this off. 

I'm not writing this off either. I'm just reacting to the model runs today. These weren't just small bumps east. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

we can hope for a slight wetter trend after the convection offshore actually develops and gets ingested into the next model run

It's amazing these convective blobs over the gulf stream are causing such model mayhem.   I blame climate change and these ridiculously warm sst.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

No they weren't. Unfortunately. 

They weren't, and I'll eat crow when the fat lady sings her tune.  Going to have some further praise towards the GFS if the signal was indeed first recognized by the least trusted models prior to 48 hours.  Going to be an interesting year end report by many forecasters.   

Storm is bombing out.  Let's enjoy. 

1 minute ago, dseagull said:

They weren't, and I'll eat crow when the fat lady sings her tune.  Going to have some further praise towards the GFS if the signal was indeed first recognized by the least trusted models prior to 48 hours.  Going to be an interesting year end report by many forecasters.   

The gfs was wrong the entire time.  The reason the models are shifting east is bc of modeled convection over the Gulf Stream. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dseagull said:

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

The gfs was wrong the entire time.  The reason the models are shifting east is bc of modeled convection over the Gulf Stream. 

Like I said, I am going down with the ship, however, I am not buying the East shifts. 

Given H3/5/7... This has a KU hit all over it. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

Like I said, I am going down with the ship, however, I am not buying the East shifts. 

Given H3/5/7... This has a KU hit all over it. 

I think your the last one. I may have finally given up.

Amazing at 6z today we were thinking historic with the nam and EURO.

• Like 1