• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Something is off with the Pivotal algorithm re the 0z Ukie.  It shows 2.23" qpf in my hood, yet the snowfall is 15", a 7-1 ratio.  Same problem throughout all of NE.  The question is which one is off?

Clown maps are off. UK runs warm in the mid levels but I’m not sure that’s the reason for the discrepancy. 

7 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Something is off with the Pivotal algorithm re the 0z Ukie.  It shows 2.23" qpf in my hood, yet the snowfall is 15", a 7-1 ratio.  Same problem throughout all of NE.  The question is which one is off?

Noticed that as well... HFD for example gets 1.1" of QPF but 7.6" of snow. 9.4" in ORH off of 1.4" liquid.

4 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

Can we just acknowledge how eff’n lucky we are right now to be tracking this storm. A whiff is basically off the table. We are literally at the point of arguing who gets the most FEET! 

Life has honestly been so hard for a lot of us these past few years. It’s awesome to see a bunch of strangers come together with so much passion about one thing.

I don’t know James but this sounds like the type of storm he hoped for. Let’s finish this thing boys and bring it home for everyone.

Sounds like a motivational speech from either Knut Rockney or a DH Lawrence short.  

14 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Stick with Harvey.  He rarely chucks them unless he’s pretty confident 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I try to be positive with big dogs but I’ve learned to be ASATT too. Too many heartbreaks. 

Its rare we get this close with the big dogs.......usually by now everyting settled down or a bad trend was obvious......this is the first legit 30 burger for me in 9 years and I am riding this mutha fuka the whole way - I dont care what any of you say.......if I get under the death band like in Feb 2013 the CRV literally doesn't matter......had 30+ with that monster.....lets fukin do that again......is now the time to point out how this season should have behaved itself up to now and we would have faced having monster pack heading into february? No I'm not supposed to point that out......the mood matters and while the immediate mood is awesome the season mood is a D- which will be a C+ if I can get my 50 burger.......

3 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Seems reasonable. Ryan is going with 12-20 for us so I’m going with that ha.

The GFS is about 1" of liquid for HFD/HVN. Given the fact it's busy bumping west and catching up with everything else you have to give the nod to the Euro.

Given somewhat better than 10:1 ratios even a straight GFS/Euro compromise would get you 12-20.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Its rare we get this close with the big dogs.......usually by now everyting settled down or a bad trend was obvious......this is the first legit 30 burger for me in 9 years and I am riding this mutha fuka the whole way - I dont care what any of you say.......if I get under the death band like in Feb 2013 the CRV literally doesn't matter......had 30+ with that monster.....lets fukin do that again......is now the time to point out how this season should have behaved itself up to now and we would have faced having monster pack heading into february? No I'm not supposed to point that out......the mood matters and while the immediate mood is awesome the season mood is a D- which will be a C+ if I can get my 50 burger.......

I hear ya. I would automatically give any winter an A+ if I ever smashed 30. It’s never happened to me so I wouldn’t care what the winter did before or what it would do after. Just me…

One reason to be bullish back to the west into CT and LI... even the GFS with its wonky depiction has a great look to the west. In fact it introduces dry slot issues for Boston. Check out the 300K isentropic surface at 18z. I also attached an area averaged sounding for SE Mass.

download (4).png

gfs_isen300K_neus_8.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Only 12k NAM and Euro show this as some bombed-out HECS monster. GGEM/GFS/ICON/3k NAM/RGEM all show something fairly "standard." Still a nice storm but not something that will be endlessly referenced here for years to come.

3k, ukmet, cmc give eastern areas 15+ up and down the coast in eastern New England.    If Boston gets 25 (eg the normally conservative F5 aka narcan (due to its stinginess) has 2 feet in bos from NAM, 22.5 from gfs,   Waiting in ukmet, cmc,, euro.

• Like 1