• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Here are the two maps with the sleet removed.  The event goes beyond hour 96 and that is the 12-hour period where the storm ends as snow:..

First Storm:

sn10_024h.us_ne.png

This map implies that the majority of the event for lsv is sleet, ending as snow before 12z Saturday (when compared to the TT map that includes sleet)

And here is the second storm (by itself, without first storm):

sn10_024h.us_ne.png

and finally, here they both are combined...

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

and combined zoomed in for PA...

sn10_acc.us_state_pa.png

If it plays out like this, it's a real winner (even for most of Lanco!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Here are the two maps with the sleet removed.  The event goes beyond hour 96 and that is the 12-hour period where the storm ends as snow:..

First Storm:

sn10_024h.us_ne.png

This map implies that the majority of the event for lsv is sleet, ending as snow before 12z Saturday (when compared to the TT map that includes sleet)

And here is the second storm (by itself, without first storm):

sn10_024h.us_ne.png

and finally, here they both are combined...

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

and combined zoomed in for PA...

sn10_acc.us_state_pa.png

If it plays out like this, it's a real winner (even for most of Lanco!)

Looks real good thanks!

31 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm going to need February to be calm in the end. I'm about to foul the Earth with a carbon copy and don't need to be white knuckle driving up and down 322 to Mount Nittany for a week. 

I know this is me pouring a bucket of hot piss on your wants of 12 feet of snow, but y'all can suck me lol. Early February, Super Bowl Sunday aside? Snow. All of March? Snow. 

Late February? Suck. Me.

Edit: Hey Sauss, did you read that in John Candy's voice?

Now you know how I feel being a tractor trailer driver. Snow is not really my friend... 

Here’s the NOHRSC snowfall for the season to date, which comes with a legend and numbers. Pretty sure this is an estimate derived from model analysis/satellite so the individual numbers at stations might not be what’s officially reported. It’s usually in the ballpark though. 
image.thumb.png.65e21d2aaa91a47fcd5d71d728484f38.png

Can you provide a link to that?

I decided to get the maps for the entire run and lsv improves a fair amount...but look at what happens to the north and western PA...

First map is 10:1

sn10_acc.us_state_pa.png

And then take a look at Kuchera (lsv doesn't improve but boy does north and west...Even look at Pittsburgh!!

snku_acc.us_state_pa.png

It's like a snow bomb goes off (but misses the LSV because of storm 1).  Tracking should be pretty exciting this week for sure!

• Like 1

I decided to get the maps for the entire run and lsv improves a fair amount...but look at what happens to the north and western PA...
First map is 10:1
sn10_acc.us_state_pa.png
And then take a look at Kuchera (lsv doesn't improve but boy does north and west...Even look at Pittsburgh!!
snku_acc.us_state_pa.png
It's like a snow bomb goes off (but misses the LSV because of storm 1).  Tracking should be pretty exciting this week for sure!

That would also give Boston another 42” of snow to add to there 37” January. That 79” would be too 10 all time with March to go. They only had 0.4” in November and December. Also it would add 23” to there snowpack as a positive change from today. Nothing like having a 36”+ snowpack in the middle of February. Although unless March and April blowup they aren’t touching there 108.9” record

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Euro appears to be a rainstorm for most everyone here. It’s a upstate NY crusher. Extreme northern PA gets some zr/sleet. Super amped. 

But it did come south a bit, and joins camp w/ GFS and NAM.  Snow maps show a tick SE and now has KPIT and Wspt now getting some frozen.  0z was extreme northern tier and  NW PA event.  Based on last few events, GFS seemed to lead the way, so I'm gonna hug it, till something better (not hotter) comes along.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Who is Mark Margavage Weather discussion page? Someone sent me a screen shot of something he has on Facebook about giving advanced warning for ice and snow storm and not to wait for local news to change their tune to prepare 

His Twitter account shows him living and dying on every individual model run. So he’s just another rando who likes weather. 

• Haha 1

Late week forecast is LOL. We never win these "flush out warm air in time for a good snow" events. 

Thursday
Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Friday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet between 1pm and 3pm, then a chance of snow after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Late week forecast is LOL. We never win these "flush out warm air in time for a good snow" events. 

Thursday
Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Friday
Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet between 1pm and 3pm, then a chance of snow after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night

My forecast for Friday is rain and 52. Obviously, they are already forecasting quite a gradient. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thursday
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night

Yeah pretty much no snow. We need to hope for storm 2. 

• Like 1