Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

58 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

People are busy and not hearing everything so I am going to share this doomy and gloomy but I am afraid accurate prediction about January from one of those disease experts always on TV.  I myself have been meaning to think about what I need to get before Omicron hits every area hard and I hope to God I get what I need by the end of next week. 

This makes me more aware how out of luck I might be if I don't stock up:

"Right now we have a very imperfect situation that's going to require some very imperfect responses,' he said.  

'Over the next three to four weeks, we are going to see the number of cases in this country rise so dramatically that we'll have a hard time keeping everyday life operating.'

'Already we are seeing it in our healthcare settings where we can lose 10 to 20 percent of healthcare workers who are not available to work. 

'We are seeing that right now in critical infrastructure areas where people can't come to work.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10355849/US-hits-record-nearly-500-000-Covid-cases-24-hours-Experts-says-viral-blizzard.html

Talking Covid on here is not always appreciated but want to respond since you replied to my post about the fires and all the issues we are getting thrown at us (personal or public in nature)   I know it is getting a little scary Covid wise though not sure anyone (including the disease expert) knows for sure what has or is happening.  But being prepared or trying to be is probably the best route at this point. If things do get bad, my hope is that people step up to help each other.   The next few weeks is already going to be a fight for a lot of people that suffer some level of post holiday depression.  I believe that this type of issue is heightened and worse during a pandemic. 

• Like 2

6z GFS says I got some bah humbug left in my bag for you.  

Voyager...you've been quiet.  Have you been secretly expanding your snow dome, cause this 1-2 punch we've been getting w/ primary LP going west, and secondary scooting off MA coast has become quite a persistent feature.  Trying to wrap head around why (since last year) as Trainer suggests.  Starting to wonder if the orientation of the Apps, and how boundaries run up against them has anything to do w/ it?  It's almost like some convoluted wonky Miller B scenario....

Guess we still need to wait for more of a change in base state. 

No camp is NAM/GFS.  I'll save the pic, but you can go look for yourself.  Wide right.

Maybe camp is RGEM.  Not sure how much hope that inspires, but its all we got for now.  Its precip field juiced up a bit, but we need a good tug to get back in game.  Still time.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_76.png

3 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Some hard hitting obs, it’s foggy out. It’s been this way off and on most of the last 24 hours with temps in the mid 40s (44ºF currently).

C2FCD0E5-3ABE-4FA3-A9F0-18A216E09D3C.thumb.jpeg.136dbc020a4a44691c3bd42f32802462.jpeg8A5766D8-5234-417E-9D25-757866966B87.thumb.jpeg.ca383dd1ffa67ecbeaeef4e3d559f0da.jpeg

If you look really quickly....you can almost pretend its a winter scene.  Yuk.

Flintlocks will stay in gun cabinet today.  

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Voyager...you've been quiet.  Have you been secretly expanding your snow dome, cause this 1-2 punch we've been getting w/ primary LP going west, and secondary scooting off MA coast has become quite a persistent feature.  Trying to wrap head around why (since last year) as Trainer suggests.  Starting to wonder if the orientation of the Apps, and how boundaries run up against them has anything to do w/ it?  It's almost like some convoluted wonky Miller B scenario....

Ah, you figured me out. I'm actually a mad scientist when I'm not hauling water. I've finally figured out a way to use the mountains to my advantage and keep the snow out of here... :P

Seriously though, see my post above. I've been feeling under the weather (pun intended) this past week, and the weather we currently have is quite depressing. I'll take snow, rain, or bright sunshine over this crap...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ah, you figured me out. I'm actually a mad scientist when I'm not hauling water. I've finally figured out a way to use the mountains to my advantage and keep the snow out of here... :P

Seriously though, see my post above. I've been feeling under the weather (pun intended) this past week, and the weather we currently have is quite depressing. I'll take snow, rain, or bright sunshine over this crap...

lols.  You're a good one then.  Get well soon.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Thanks, but did you notice that someone deleted both our posts concerning Covid. Not sure what's up with that, but it pisses me off. I guess saying that it (Omicron) is pretty much like a bad cold is off limits now...

Moderators must be following more closely our forum since a couple of months ago we had to contact them to remove a couple of posters. Feel better. 

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So who reported the post, and/or which mod slinked their way in here and deleted my post?

It's possible nobody reported it. After what went down in the Upstate NY banter thread last night, the mods were perusing through a bit more thoroughly. Based on jburns jumping in here last night to say "Keep the Covid chat out of here* it could very well have been that mod.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's possible nobody reported it. After what went down in the Upstate NY banter thread last night, the mods were perusing through a bit more thoroughly. Based on jburns jumping in here last night to say "Keep the Covid chat out of here* it could very well have been that mod.

And Jburns post was basically what I suggested a mod should act like when "modding"...respectful.  So props to his post.  Since mentioned what I did in the NY thread, I thought it appropriate to mention the alternate side of it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I was going to say I never saw that mod in here