Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

But it’s not just PA. Places in very different regions of the country whose weather doesn’t correlate to ours whatsoever (Denver and Chicago for example) obliterated records for latest first measurable snow. If it were just an isolated occurrence for one region of the country, I wouldn’t be as concerned.

40 years of history show many bad years mixed in….

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

40 years of history show many bad years mixed in….

Would be interesting to compare those bad years with the same years in other regions of the country and see if everything east of the Rockies was simultaneously bad as it’s been this year so far. I don’t know the answer to that off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, this is true.

Several good quality posters left the Mid Atlantic & New York thread over the last few years. I think they were overwhelmed by the negativity and got tired of fighting it.

@psuhoffman is posting much less than other years. @Bob Chill is mostly gone. Those 2 were the main reason that I joined this place. I lurked for years and read their detailed comments everyday. I learned a ton from those guys.

The New England thread is sadly following in their footsteps this season. The good quality posters are being overwhelmed with all of the negative & mostly ridiculous posters that add no value to the discussion.

The New York thread is mostly unreadable. I feel bad for @MJO812 . He looks for snow chances, but gets trashed everyday for trying to be positive & look for snow.

Sadly, this is the way of the world on social media and the way of society in general. Everything is the here & now with instant gratification. There is little regard for history or knowledge.

Mitchnick is gone to.

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, this is true.

Several good quality posters left the Mid Atlantic & New York thread over the last few years. I think they were overwhelmed by the negativity and got tired of fighting it.

@psuhoffman is posting much less than other years. @Bob Chill is mostly gone. Those 2 were the main reason that I joined this place. I lurked for years and read their detailed comments everyday. I learned a ton from those guys.

The New England thread is sadly following in their footsteps this season. The good quality posters are being overwhelmed with all of the negative & mostly ridiculous posters that add no value to the discussion.

The New York thread is mostly unreadable. I feel bad for @MJO812 . He looks for snow chances, but gets trashed everyday for trying to be positive & look for snow.

Sadly, this is the way of the world on social media and the way of society in general. Everything is the here & now with instant gratification. There is little regard for history or knowledge.

:clap:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Anyone in this sport for enough time knows that warm/losing is the correct bet 70-80% of the time anyway...and that's no new norm and hasn't changed much at all

It looks like you just said my pessimism with the current pattern is simply realism, no? :lol:

Just now, paweather said:

Mitchnick is gone to.

He, Chill and I used to chat it up and PM....when he left....I was close on the  heels.  Mitch was level head, knew his shit (as a hobbyist mind you) - but like others... got tired of it.  

Thats the part that I dont want to see happen here, and as our pool of knowledgeable posters is a bit less. Again, not a dig....just a fact.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

He, Chill and I used to chat it up and PM....when he left....I was close on the  heels.  Mitch was level head, knew his shit (as a hobbyist mind you) - but like others... got tired of it.  

Thats the part that I dont want to see happen here, and as our pool of knowledgeable posters is a bit less. Again, not a dig....just a fact.  

Yep all good

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

But it’s not just PA. Places in very different regions of the country whose weather doesn’t correlate to ours whatsoever (Denver and Chicago for example) obliterated records for latest first measurable snow. If it were just an isolated occurrence for one region of the country, I wouldn’t be as concerned.

But you don't reference the historical snows in CA....see what I mean..?  One can always find an anomaly to fit ones feelings.

Some years the sierras are drier than a popcorn fart....some years they set snow records....

Weather is like a chess board....predictable and ever changing from game to game....year to year.

Alright...I have to get back to work.  Have your fun...TTFN.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Absolutely, but that’s probably close top 10 all time Winter in Harrisburg…

Lots of years even going back to the 80’s & 90’s struggled to get to double digit totals.

Not only is it top ten of all time but from what I can tell it's number two behind only the 81.2" during the winter of 1960-61.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

This is where I would like to remind everyone that 6 of our last 8 winters have been above average seasonal snowfall.  Speaking for Harrisburg of course.  In any case, let's keep a little perspective.  Our snow will come, it almost always does!  

Thank you! Yes indeed…. We have been on a good run lately.