Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

Let's hope the Low doesn't cut

It is a little bizarre to me as to why the GFS is cutting the January 7th storm.

There appears to be be decent high pressure to the north with some ridging out west. This low is relatively weak at 1003 so it’s not like this is some strong storm screaming towards the lakes. 

I like the Euro’s handle on this at this time.

DAF112DA-FCC4-42B1-BA66-50AAB6FF08E0.png

26CD9E56-BCBC-4561-B573-4CA03AD6FD5E.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It is a little bizarre to me as to why the GFS is cutting the January 7th storm.

There appears to be be decent high pressure to the north with some ridging out west. This low is relatively weak at 1003 so it’s not like this is some strong storm screaming towards the lakes. 

I like the Euro’s handle on this at this time.

My take on it...Right or wrong... the GFS digs a deep trough down into N. Texas which raises the heights over us...and the SER is still out there though displaced a bit East vs. now.  So the low takes the path it is given.  It attacks that high in the NE. 

For those worried about next Friday, pay attention to the 1/3 event first.  As your seeing enough changes at 66 hours, dont fret yet abt 156hrs.  Pattern looks to finally be taking a different look, and likely will throw out a few sliders/curve balls along the way.  Just keep the bat off the shoulder (sports analogy for all you friggn sportsaholics)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My take on it...Right or wrong... the GFS digs a deep trough down into N. Texas which raises the heights over us...and the SER is still out there though displaced a bit East vs. now.  So the low takes the path it is given.  It attacks that high in the NE. 

Spot on. GFS has the low finding the weakness and riding it. It's a totally plausible idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Awesome my wife and I talk about Exercising more often but don't

I am proud of him. Since the summer he has been dedicated to losing weight. Greatly reduced carb intake and gets at least 10,000 steps a day. He has lost 40 pounds (below 200 pounds), almost 70 years old, and walked the same pace as me. I can tell he has so much more energy!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I am proud of him. Since the summer he has been dedicated to losing weight. Greatly reduced carb intake and gets at least 10,000 steps a day. He has lost 40 pounds (below 200 pounds), almost 70 years old, and walked the same pace as me. I can tell he has so much more energy!

That is GREAT!

• Thanks 1