Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Did you guys look at GFS Ens guidance for same time stamp?  You might want to back that percentage down a bit.  Verbatim GFS Ens suite is just fine for d7

Op

gfs_z500_mslp_namer_27.png

Ens....pick your winner 

gfs-ens_z500_mslp_namer_27.png

gem-ens_z500_mslp_namer_27.png

No, I was misunderstood - I'm not saying there's a 100% chance it's going to cut. I'm a little smarter than that. :) I am saying that I agree 100% with his assertion that it COULD cut, given the weakness in heights out in front of the low as depicted on various model runs today. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No, I was misunderstood - I'm not saying there's a 100% chance it's going to cut. I'm a little smarter than that. :) I am saying that I agree 100% with his assertion that it COULD cut, given the weakness in heights out in front of the low as depicted on various model runs today. 

Ok.  Gotcha..

Verbatim, if Ens suite has more of a clue at d7, SLP rides boundary and NW 2/3 of Pa takes that run most any day.  You n I sweat it out and pray for thermal boundaries to hold.

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thanks I never look at the ensemble 

No prob.

Surely not here to tell ya how to roll...but at that timeframe, Ens or Op....its more of a tossup.  IMO id go 60/40 Ens over Op, as you have multiple iterations weighing averages over 1 Op run. 

Just something to ponder when you peek at the models...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

FWIW, which is likely very little...I do believe we'll see wintry weather; even in our hoods, within the next 10-14 days. I'm certainly not on a negative crusade...but I will continue to analyze fairly and not through snow goggles, either. 

Dude, its totally ok to be snakebit....your not alone.  I'm just trying to keep it real, and as you suggest....chances may be getting real.  Rolling forward, longwave trough looks to take aim at conus, but early on cold isnt deep...but it gets there twds end of run.  Pattern shuffles w/ Pac ridge finally there, but if could still be wet not white for a while.  At least we have a new hand to play with.

20 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No prob.

Surely not here to tell ya how to roll...but at that timeframe, Ens or Op....its more of a tossup.  IMO id go 60/40 Ens over Op, as you have multiple iterations weighing averages over 1 Op run. 

Even considering the 12z Euro Op at 500 for the 6/7th chance, the Southeast ridge is muted and there is ridging off of the coast but centered well to the northeast. There should be plenty of room for the storm to dig a bit more and slide west to east instead of heading to the lakes.

F0C4689F-AD74-423C-BFBC-23610C27EC5F.png

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Even considering the 12z Euro Op at 500 for the 6/7th chance, the Southeast ridge is muted and there is ridging off of the coast but centered well to the northeast. There should be plenty of room for the storm to dig a bit more and slide west to east instead of heading to the lakes.

F0C4689F-AD74-423C-BFBC-23610C27EC5F.png

Let’s hope Blizz

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Just went for a 4 mile hike with my dad in the forested hills around Danville. 55 degrees with new vegetation growing on the forest floor. It looks and feels like Spring. Just crazy.

It's pretty amazing out for activities.  We are at south maintain creamery waiting in a line of a dozen for ice cream.  People sitting outside and eating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's pretty amazing out for activities.  We are at south maintain creamery waiting in a line of a dozen for ice cream.  People sitting outside and eating. 

Yes, I am a lover of the cold seasons and want them...but trying to make the best of this weather. It was nice to actually get out when it's NOT raining. Usually on this side of the mountains during the winter there will be sunny days. Not this week! Gloomy and dreary. The sun slightly peeked out a couple times during our hike.

37 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No prob.

Here is the 12z EPS for the 6/7th chance.

Lots of options on the table with several of the low locations taking the low track under us and several that look like the current Op.

This is not over according to the ensembles.

4791151E-72BA-4C4F-A5C6-D553D2DE62C4.png

C0412392-274E-49BD-9BD8-D03F961EEDAE.png

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Is it dry there? Here it's relatively mild at 48 degrees, but it's still dark, gray, and misty/foggy. Certainly not nice enough to sit outside and eat.

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yes, I am a lover of the cold seasons and want them...but trying to make the best of this weather. It was nice to actually get out when it's NOT raining. Usually on this side of the mountains during the winter there will be sunny days. Not this week! Gloomy and dreary. The sun slightly peeked out a couple times during our hike.

53 here and despite the clouds it's very nice outside. Good day to get out for a New Year's Eve ice cream cone. :) 

• Like 2

Moving further out of the 12z EPS, it finally shows a full scale pattern change. The negative PNA would be a distant memory.

Day 10 has good ridging out West with a positive PNA and trough in the northeast.

Day 15 still shows the +PNA with a very good looking deep trough in the east.

If this look holds, we could see a very good pattern for winter storms between the 10th and 15th. 

255ED6E5-2FE4-4FB4-A2A5-19E83181566E.png

B8AB6722-353F-4129-BFFC-25CC366FA2B5.png

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's defintely been a day to get out with tomorrow looming.  I love winter weather as well..miss it right now...but not going to ignore what we have.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Is it dry there? Here it's relatively mild at 48 degrees, but it's still dark, gray, and misty/foggy. Certainly not nice enough to sit outside and eat.

It's completely sunny except some clouds hanging over the ridges.  Can see some clouds moving in from the west as well.  It's 58 right now.

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sun is out here now. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's completely sunny except some clouds hanging over the ridges.  Can see some clouds moving in from the west as well.  It's 58 right now.

The sky has really cleared out here in Danville as well, with those same low clouds hanging over the ridges. Temp is 52 degrees. I'm actually quite impressed with the uniform temperatures across the entire state of PA currently. Mostly within the 47 to 52 degree range with a few sites on the north and south edges a bit outside of that. Bubbler, I believe you area tends to get those warm air surges on your side of the ridge, correct?