Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Sniffed it out early.    Only going to get stronger 

If that’s the case we gotta watch thermals in LSV as it’s riding boundary with no HP….especially if it gets stronger. That was brought up as a concern yesterday and need boundary to stay south for us. 

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If that’s the case we gotta watch thermals in LSV as it’s riding boundary with no HP….especially if it gets stronger. That was brought up as a concern yesterday and need boundary to stay south for us. 

Keep reposting this with subsequent runs...this is the type of post I'm always making. And it's worth noting because...

...well, we know the drill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Not sure how it cuts into this.  Boundary has been eeking south for the last 1.5 days.  I'm more worried about the 20" totals for MA coming true.

gfs_z500a_namer_23.png

The entrance of the full blown trough definitely needs to be slower (like the EC) for the storm timing to work out.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The Euro is deeper and more "energetic" than the Icon,  but the low positions, if you follow the complete path of the storm, are about as close as you can get in a system 5 days away.  Example below of hour 132.  The Euro is a classic Chattanooga Choo Choo with reformation on the coast.

image.png.29120cd3a99d7d78d7fb6d39cbf46734.pngimage.png.89d70f898aff53f456381f4de18a1687.png

Awesome!

16 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meh - PSU with not a single starter playing on defense, at least the seniors. That, and Datson sitting out is a lot to overcome. Razorbacks can go all in on stopping the run, which we can't do to begin with. 27-13 bad guys. 

Current score is 24-10. Game going exactly the way I thought it would. :( 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Current score is 24-10. Game going exactly the way I thought it would. :( 

Sorry man.  I saw a Franklin interview, last evening, where he was talking about the whys of burning Red Shirts and his way of broaching the subject was cringe worthy as to the lack of confidence coming from him. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep.

Meanwhile, Clifford is doing everything he can today to keep them in it while getting his a** killed. He single-handedly led the team to the red zone, and finished it off with a dreadful pick in the endzone. Ugh. 

This is a PA forum but will comment that my Cav's were going to be playing in the inaugural  Fenway bowl so just the fact that you guys got to play makes me jealous.  I was looking forward to UVA being a trivia answer....they do not get much respect and trivia answers are something. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is a PA forum but will comment that my Cav's were going to be playing in the inaugural  Fenway bowl so just the fact that you guys got to play makes me jealous.  I was looking forward to UVA being a trivia answer....they do not get much respect and trivia answers are something. 

Very disappointing. I feel for the programs and fans who have had their bowl games ripped away, some of them in the final hours prior to kick. It's a real shame. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrrrrrrrr for Monday morning.  Gets some flurries to the m/d crew ...

Or virga:yikes:

HRRR is a lot like the 12Z GFS.  GFS gaining momentum for the slam dunk win over the EC and Nam.  It's a bit if a disaster for the far Eastern Tidewater folks and a sign of hope for N VA. 

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

What kind of station you have I got a accurite

I can answer that question for you.  @Voyagerhas the Ambient Weather WS-2000.  I whole-heartedly endorse Ambient's products.  I've had the WS-2902 model for 3 years and it has worked flawlessly.  Ambient has revised the firmware in the 2902 4 times since introduction, so current model is WS-2902C.  Retails for $169.99, but occasionally goes on sale for 15% off.  The 2902 and the 2000 both use the exact same outdoor sensor assembly.  The only difference is the type of display they use for the 2 models.  The WS-2000 uses a pure LED display with a wide viewing angle.  The 2902 uses a TFT film display, which works great but you have to adjust your viewing angle to have it display completely and brightly.  I have mine placed right next to my La-Z-Boy on a table whose height is about the same as my head position in my chair.  The display comes with a support base that intentionally angles the display top-forward.  You just need to experiment a little.  As for Voyager's comment about battery backup, the 2902 does come with that which means that during any power outage, the display goes off but the unit continues to operate normally.  The other thing that happens with no power is the unit stops transmitting over your wifi until power is resumed.  I don't know off the top of my head what the WS-2000 costs but I'm pretty sure it's in the high 200's (not on sale).  PM me if you want any additional info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t overly optimistic on the 1/3 system a few days ago and I still am not, though I’ll admit the door is open for our fringe folks on the southern tier to maybe get a period some light snow. It’s a nice vort on the 500mb but patterns quite progressive for this and there’s no interaction at all with the northern stream. I think this wave needed to come up faster on the heels of what we’re getting today for this to have had a chance at working well for our region, which would have required some thread the needle timing with the cold air coming in tomorrow. 

I have much higher optimism on this 1/7 event. Key feature for this appears the low that traverses the Lakes mid-week and refreshes the cold… setting the boundary this wave will run. Additionally, this feature may help lessen or take away the potential for this to cut. Seems like the GFS and Canadian ops today really press the cold after the mid week low and stuff the wave that potentially becomes our snowstorm (Canadian especially.. GFS wasn’t really that far off). 12z Euro sets it up perfect. 12z Euro and GFS ensembles as a mean seem to be angling more towards what the Euro op is showing. 

Ensemble comparison: Prob of 24 hr snowfall >1” Euro  EPS v. GEFS 

162206510_ECMWFENSWeatherBellMaps.thumb.png.e6ecd909797a9d20d4a438f293480c32.png

• Like 1