Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

21 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

verbatim, that might be a tad much, but I it sure would be awesome.  I'll take 1 or 2" and be giddy.  

Maybe the Monday storm will end up like the Major snowstorm last December?

Within 3 days it went from a jackpot in MD/southern PA to a jackpot in northern PA/central New England.

I don’t think this will happen this time, but it’s possible to end up with an Advisory event in southern PA if this continues as the GFS shows the current trend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I mean swath-wise with the axis of heaviest snowfall is certainly a hat-tip toward the GFS when considering what the Euro/Canadian has. The 12z Canadian indicated a lot of heavy sleet where the heavy deform bands presumably would be in central/eastern VA. GFS still NW with it’s axis vs those two and very heavy with snowfall and the 18z GEFS largely backs it up it appears. The Euro/Canadian take is still a pretty big snowstorm for that area but 18z GFS evolution is a big ticket snowstorm for the Mid-Atlantic region. 12 and 18z NAM today has been straight up uninterested in any of this which I’d imagine is probably wrong to at least some degree considering the rest of the guidance suite and associated ensembles and the fairly robust shortwave in question even with limited amplification opportunities.

So at any rate, obviously the middle of the road is the best way to approach this as there’s a lot of questions to resolve. If this indeed ends up a deeper wave and puts good precip into the Mid-Atlantic region, big question probably is going to be if there’s gonna be a changeover to overcome and how long it takes where biggest snow totals are being presented, which comes down to timing and how well the cold actually progresses. LSV shouldn’t have that problem by that time, but northern extent is now the big question for some in this subforum. I still say I don’t expect a lot if it does make it into the southern tier LSV, but we shall see. 

I’ve often looked at them but it is important to still pay attention to QPF maps, especially in fringe situations like the LSV is going to be possibly be positioned in for this 1/3 event. 

Thanks. It does seem doubtful that the Nam scores a total coup here.  Preponderance of "evidence" against it.  So even if this ends up being a Short Pump winner and DCA gets little to nothing, the GFS still gets some credit for being consistent in really being the only model to even show that up until the last 48 hours I believe.  The Euro had very interest in significant snow even at 0Z this AM.   I suspect the Nam folds in a few hours.   (Edit-CMC also showed Sig Snow at around the same time as the GFS but then backed off it on the next run.)

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hopefully the Srefs is a precursor for a nice  Nam shift . More often then not that's the case over the years . I thought the Sref physics was upgraded but not 100% sure . Still a B model lol but I'll take anything in my court at this point .

GFS just told NAM to get its head back in the game.

namconus_ref_frzn_eus_fh42_trend.gif

40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Lol...that's a 100 mile shift . Not a surprise either . :lol:

I'll take another 50 mile shift at 6z then another 50 at 12z :weenie:

will be interesting to see how much more movement is possible.  NO hp to stop it.  Verbatim it closed off again at 0z, so yeah, it might be able to conjur up some of its own cold air.  At some point we'll either run outta time, or room....  Good news is we find out in abt 48 hrs.

namconus_z500a_eus_fh42_trend.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Kuchera ratio gets 6 inch to Westminster.  About 4 or so here . A couple inches to York .

Question for everyone…

What would stop this from coming further north?

I don’t see a pressing High.

I don’t see too much confluence.

I don’t see an interfering Lakes low.

We still have over 1 day to bring this another 50 or more miles north of the GFS is right.