Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

And Jburns post was basically what I suggested a mod should act like when "modding"...respectful.  So props to his post.  Since mentioned what I did in the NY thread, I thought it appropriate to mention the alternate side of it.  

I agree! Rjay also handled it very well and I give mad props to him for putting himself out there to try and help clarify things.

Just now, paweather said:

I was going to say I never saw that mod in here

Me neither. I was a bit surprised.

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's possible nobody reported it. After what went down in the Upstate NY banter thread last night, the mods were perusing through a bit more thoroughly. Based on jburns jumping in here last night to say "Keep the Covid chat out of here* it could very well have been that mod.

Well I get that, but I was only responding to a post agreeing to what was said, as I'm currently experiencing it. I wasn't trying to push a pro or anti vaxx position or posting misinformation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

I agree! Rjay also handled it very well and I give mad props to him for putting himself out there to try and help clarify things.

Me neither. I was a bit surprised.

Yea, no problem with Rjay either.  He adds a lot to the few OT threads I follow.  Whether one agrees with his points, they are informational and fairly well stated.    Do not agree that he has to act like robot cop, like he said last evening, but would be happy to continue that convo on PM if he had wanted.  You handled last night VERY well.  Props to you! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Well I get that, but I was only responding to a post agreeing to what was said, as I'm currently experiencing it. I wasn't trying to push a pro or anti vaxx position or posting misinformation.

Yeah, I think there is just a heightened awareness and sensitivity to it being discussed as a result of that whole discussion last night. Give a few days and very minor mentions of it will probably be ignored.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, no problem with Rjay either.  He adds a lot to the few OT threads I follow.  Whether one agrees with his points, they are informational and fairly well stated.    Do not agree that he has to act like robot cop, like he said last evening, but would be happy to continue that convo on PM if he had wanted.  You handled last night VERY well.  Props to you! 

Thank you. I know I am ultimately responsible for myself and my character that I put on display.

I believe Rjay would be very open to discussion with you. He and I chatted a bit through PM and I appreciate so much his communication.

• Like 1

On the MR and LR front, somewhat excited to look through the 6Z GFS.  Much less in the way of the up and down cold/warm routine.  No disruptive (to the cold feed) cutter or North based SLP's after Jan 6th vs. a constant dome of High pressure keeping everything south of us.  One could argue suppression but trying to win in a regime where the storm track is constantly to our west is way too hard.  Will be eager to see if the look continues in a couple hours. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On the MR and LR front, somewhat excited to look through the 6Z GFS.  Much less in the way of the up and down cold/warm routine.  No disruptive (to the cold feed) cutter or North based SLP's after Jan 6th vs. a constant dome of High pressure keeping everything south of us.  One could argue suppression but trying to win in a regime where the storm track is constantly to our west is way too hard.  Will be eager to see if the look continues in a couple hours. 

Yes, long range 6z GFS shows more of the sustained colder look with the trough in the east with Winter storm opportunities.

C34160F7-59D4-4FBB-AEF5-D5327670AC94.png

36AE9C36-FA06-4D12-A058-26D526DA36C0.png

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, long range 6z GFS shows more of the sustained colder look with the trough in the east with Winter storm opportunities.

Yea, I really want to see us evolve into a pattern of "storms and rumors of storms" to move winter into a more of an exciting phase for us snow hounds.  Ran through the 500MB panels on the 6Z GFS and its not a full time trough for us but a lot more panels showing a ridge forming in the West which is definitely a better look for us.  Others here have post as such so not noew info but still good news if it comes to fruition. 

• Like 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Today is my 9th day of my end-of-year vacation - save for Wednesday, it seems like every single day has been the same. Cloudy and damp. 

The Sixers suck when you're in attendance. The sun sucks when you're at home. Can you go somewheres else for a little while? Maybe take a work trip to Flint, Michigan until June so maybe the weather won't suck and the Sixers will hold a parade :lol:

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

The Sixers suck when you're in attendance. The sun sucks when you're at home. Can you go somewheres else for a little while? Maybe take a work trip to Flint, Michigan until June so maybe the weather won't suck and the Sixers will hold a parade :lol:

It's amazing how much better they're playing away from home. Wife and I talk about this all the time. It's night and day. 

No need to go to Flint...when we go down on Monday night, I'll just hop across the river to Camden. 

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'll add that in nearly 4 dozen trips to Happy Valley, I have never seen PSU lose. 

13 hours ago, pasnownut said:

With all due respect....it's been a difficult 2 years for everyone here...and for a multitude of reasons...the pandemic is just the icing on a big shit cake that has many crappy layers.

Not trying to be a dick, and of course everyone here cares about each others challenges, yours included.  From another perspective, some/many come here to escape the negativity/shit show outside of weather that runs rampant right now, and use the search of snow (or warm) to "get away from it all".  Think about it...

Anywhoo....back to the shit pattern that may throw us a bone in the next few days....and might look better as we turn the calendar....for how long....you're only a 384hr map away from finding out.

We’re all on the same team here. I’ll do my best to stop being a fair-weather weather enthusiast. January looks better than December and that’s all we can ask for.

• Like 2