Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
0Z model discussion

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even with the amazing improvements it makes no difference at all in the mid atlantic. I think the problem is for us the trough is still not digging enough so the low forms off the carrolina coast instead of in the gulf.

I am pretty sure the great Euro runs had the low forming off the Carolina coast. I don't think that is the issue.

even with the amazing improvements it makes no difference at all in the mid atlantic. I think the problem is for us the trough is still not digging enough so the low forms off the carrolina coast instead of in the gulf.

Though it doesn't necessarily mean that subsequent runs won't have that trough digging more. I'm not saying I think it'll happen, but it's not completely impossible. The needle can still be threaded.

I have no faith in the GFS...remember the last storm the NAM was correct with its further west solution and the GFS was wrong being further east....at this point I have to assume they are both doing the same this time, just in the opposite directions

Any scientific reasons, or just a hunch?

Thanks, i guess by tomm morning it will shift another 50 miles west. lol

It will be interesting to see. My guess is that NYC could wind up in a 3"-6"/4"-8" snowfall (similar amounts along the Jersey shore and perhaps down the Delmarva) with parts of southern New England having the best chance for 10" or more. That's not yet assured, but my confidence has increased with respect to the possibility of a moderate snowfall. Hopefully, the trough will be sharper so that more of the Middle Atlantic region can get into the snowfall.

Guest someguy

I am pretty sure the great Euro runs had the low forming off the Carolina coast. I don't think that is the issue.

100% correct

Guest someguy

UKIE is way west of its previous runs, but flat and a little further east of the GFS.

post-772-0-83806400-1293164605.gif

UKIE could 500% further west of the 12z thursday run and still be 200 miles off the coast

Guest someguy

if the GGEM shows a hit, I'm back in

otherwise I'll stick to the seasonal climo established this year <MA pays the price this year for for 09/10>

fair and reasonable post

100% correct

I am looking at the last euro run with an epic solution and the low is down near 1000 mb over florida, and already sub 1000 mb passing savanah, its then 992 near Wilmington NC. This may be arguing semantics so i want to be real clear about what I mean, with that solution the trough dug a little further south and really started to bomb the low down in the gulf and then pulled it straight up the coast. The new solutions that are much improved from the "nothing" idea of this mornings runs is to dig the trough into the TN valley but not further...thus the low starts to bomb off the SE coast. Pressures do not get sub 1000 mb until about 200 miles further north then the Euro runs that had an epic mid atlantic blizzard. Thus why this is not gonna work for this area. We need the trough to dig a little more, and the low to start to develop a little further south or faster.

I am looking at the last euro run with an epic solution and the low is down near 1000 mb over florida, and already sub 1000 mb passing savanah, its then 992 near Wilmington NC. This may be arguing semantics so i want to be real clear about what I mean, with that solution the trough dug a little further south and really started to bomb the low down in the gulf and then pulled it straight up the coast. The new solutions that are much improved from the "nothing" idea of this mornings runs is to dig the trough into the TN valley but not further...thus the low starts to bomb off the SE coast. Pressures do not get sub 1000 mb until about 200 miles further north then the Euro runs that had an epic mid atlantic blizzard. Thus why this is not gonna work for this area. We need the trough to dig a little more, and the low to start to develop a little further south or faster.

you are right.. the low started to bomb off the sc/nc coast.. really went to town afterward on its way to delmarva area.

Archived