Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0Z model discussion

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 things to look for that must improve if we want a better solution tonight.

1. The southern vort has to be stronger and start to deepen faster.

2. The northern stream has to dig south further instead of more SE'ward

3. The trough has to be more consolidated. Instead of having several vorts in the northern stream rotating around the trough, we need one to be dominant and take over and have everything collapse into it and phase. This would tighten up the trough and perhaps pull things west.

I doubt we get all 3, but that is what we need.

3 things to look for that must improve if we want a better solution tonight.

1. The southern vort has to be stronger and start to deepen faster.

2. The northern stream has to dig south further instead of more SE'ward

3. The trough has to be more consolidated. Instead of having several vorts in the northern stream rotating around the trough, we need one to be dominant and take over and have everything collapse into it and phase. This would tighten up the trough and perhaps pull things west.

I doubt we get all 3, but that is what we need.

4. A nice line of convection along the Gulf Coast, considering the cooler, relatively drier air mass not far to the north.

Noticeably higher heights on the east coast. The trough looks sharper. Closer, more agonizing miss? No way this will be a hit.

Yeah, its not going to be a hit, but every run of the NAM keeps improving as we get closer. Can't be a bad thing I guess...but all it does is string us along a bit. Like Mitch said, the trough is just too broad. That thing would have to sharpen up in a hurry

Yeah, its not going to be a hit, but every run of the NAM keeps improving as we get closer. Can't be a bad thing I guess...but all it does is string us along a bit. Like Mitch said, the trough is just too broad. That thing would have to sharpen up in a hurry

It is sharper at 42 and some serious energy is diving down. As usual, it will phase 6-12 hours too late for south of eastern SNE.

It is sharper at 42 and some serious energy is diving down. As usual, it will phase 6-12 hours too late for south of eastern SNE.

I'm not so certain they are safe

the pattern this year has screwed them just as much as it has us

NAM has shown some decent qpf for them w/in 60 hours only to leave them relatively high and dry

Looks like the 500 mb level just missed phasing early on in this run. I think we need a phase for a monster storm. As you can see without a phase everything gets sheared out.

You think??? :axe: lol, where have you been? Without the phase, no storm... without and early phase, no east coast storm..

Archived