• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

I'd stick to the GEFs ens mean vs the EPS ense mean vs the GEPs ens mean, and negotiate between them for the time being.

These operational runs are likely on the western edge of their clusters, and don't have to necessarily be the true track and intensity and everything else blah blah blah 100 Xs we go through this

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'd stick to the GEFs ens mean vs the EPS ense mean vs the GEPs ens mean, and negotiate between them for the time being.

These operational runs are likely on the western edge of their clusters, and don't have to necessarily be the true track and intensity and everything else blah blah blah 100 Xs we go through this

Yea, that is def. the western edge of the envelop...its not going through Detroit, I don't think.

Where is progressive sir Hadley when we need him?

• Haha 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Indeed. Although I forgive anyone for following this one more closely at a longer lead, given the qpf being spit out by multiple models.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think, verbatim, I would probably get pretty substantial thump of snow before the changeover.   Not that it makes me feel any better about flipping to rain.

You still get over a foot.

I doubt it ends up that far west, but if the ensembles march towards it, I give up this year. lol

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cut said:

How do you think blocking will play a role? I watched a couple of my go to Youtube guys (Hall and POW) and they talked up the blocking.

We're going to have to play that factor .. modulate in as the week unfolds.  Right now we have a modest -NAO that appears to be over the western limb of the domain - BUT - not so overwhelmingly so that it suppresses the storm track altogether. 

As an early "hunch,"  that it is not favoring western New England tracks - but the NAO is vagarious, often inside of weekly time spans... And it's transitive influence on how/where this or anything else that comes of it ultimately moves, is sensitive to nuances - we'll have to see. 

This is all made possible by Pacific flow corrections if you ask me.  I mean the telecon was suggestive, and the graphics left something to be desired... they've merely come into sync now - boom..  I don't think this was random change.