• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

The warm nose intrusion up the valley is starting to show it’s identity IMO. I think as the system moves east it will squeeze the warm air aloft up against the mountains. You can already see this on the northern edge moving to the east. Hopefully this is the trend and I didn’t waste 2 minutes writing this.

• Haha 1

Honestly I never use the precipitation depiction.  Correlation coefficient is always the best for discerning Ptypes6DF71C28-86F1-4080-B3DE-C3930C25B7F8.thumb.jpeg.b52fb10c732dc3455ef2f6d74b879254.jpeg

I’m just now starting to use CC on RadarScope and really like it. Do you know what the white stands for? I was noticing a lot of that as the system first started entering Knox Co.

It appears a big time BUST could be in store for the East TN central valley and tri cities unlike the GFS, RGEM, CMC, Euro, some NAM runs, WRF's, showed only a short time ago. Latest NAM km, HRRR probably pretty on track with 1''-2.5'' for Maryville, East Knox, Jefferson City, Blaine, Morristown up through Greeneville and Johnson City. Warm nose really overperforming with rain to start at first for most in the central and NE valley. Wrap around moisture could provide a light dusting of an inch overnight. This is one of the most difficult systems I've ever seen. Really sad day for those in East tn who wanted snowimage.png.659aa77b3ede0f8e36eea88bb250a063.pngimage.png.ead38713d689582362a7750e31477886.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

After that front end thumping, rates have fallen off here and there's a huge break in precip that looks like it will last at least an hour or so. I was headed for glory and 6+ if not for that. 

I've been getting off and on again decent snow showers, some of it not picked up by radar. I may be around 2 inches. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic