Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

33 minutes ago, IronTy said:

That's 5ft of snow. Like Sierra Nevada type shit.  Buying the cabin land a year too late...  My goal is to have to buy one of those super fancy tracked snowblowers. 

If you are buying the land this year and expect a cabin next year, you better get hustling.  Ain’t nothing moving fast at the lake.  Ask me how I know.

30 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

If you are buying the land this year and expect a cabin next year, you better get hustling.  Ain’t nothing moving fast at the lake.  Ask me how I know.

Oh yeah, that bad?  I'm having a hard time getting the realtor for the land to even call me back   business must be too good   I just got pricing back for plans on our "modest" 1700sqft log cabin we plan on building and it was $900K.  Not including land.  Gimme a break, we really need a stock market crash and soon so these builders come back down to reality.  They're drunk on power. Rising interest rates should help us all pretty soon.   

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Oh yeah, that bad?  I'm having a hard time getting the realtor for the land to even call me back   business must be too good   I just got pricing back for plans on our "modest" 1700sqft log cabin we plan on building and it was $900K.  Not including land.  Gimme a break, we really need a stock market crash and soon so these builders come back down to reality.  They're drunk on power. Rising interest rates should help us all pretty soon.   

If you can put in a little sweat equity and have patience you might be able to get away with about half that investment but it won’t come quickly.  Land is really affordable if you don’t have a lake view / lake access, but I would not invest what you’ve been quoted unless I had a proper lot to build it on.  Happy to compare notes in PM if interested on what I built in 20-21 in Swanton.

3 hours ago, RIC_WX said:

Why would you buy at the lake, vs in Davis or Canaan which gets 2x as much snow out of every storm, has actual vertical relief, and is easily accessible from the Byrd Superhighway?

Of course, land there isn't any cheaper right now, and it's also a 2 year wait minimum to build. So instead of sitting in my slopeside house, I get to ski by my slopeside empty lot and stay in the Canaan Valley Lodge. First world problems, I suppose. 20" of new snow made for pretty good 1200 vert glade skiing today.

3 hours ago, yoda said:

So Day 9 and 10 Euro... 

Really like the 27th-29th for a potential Archambault event with +PNA index falling near this time period. Way too far out to get too excited, but there is definitely a signal across the guidance for some kind of east coast event during this time frame. 

• Like 2

drool worthy, just stalls and dumps snow over us with no sign of stopping
Will have to roll with the GFS. It only shows it on the yesterday's 18z for for that time-frame and it's another cutter. Last two runs lost it. Time will tell with all the atmospheric chaos

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic