Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, rclab said:

High school, Fort Hamilton, class of 64. My eldest is weeks away from 47. I’m alone now and what was beautiful and shared in my life is gone. All that’s left is memories and what I can see of her in our daughters and grandchildren. No other grandparents are left, just me. As always …

Sad story-I guess the only advice I can give is take care of yourself-you’re all they have too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18z GEFs mean sweetening the deal …

image.thumb.png.083ac3d5667f40f2d43c9793f471e016.png

The trough/height angle is pretty awesome.  Negative tilt in the mean over New England?  Let's go.  Just off-shore is that vertical south-north anomaly couplet we like to see to not let stuff escape eastward.  Increase that Atlantic ridging a bit and that's a real solid look.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The trough/height angle is pretty awesome.  Negative tilt in the mean over New England?  Let's go.  Just off-shore is that vertical south-north anomaly couplet we like to see to not let stuff escape eastward.  Increase that Atlantic ridging a bit and that's a real solid look.

Let’s get a slow moving behemoth that doesn’t blow its load SW. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I mean considering margins for error that’s already likely getting it done … we’ve ended up just fine in the past heading into less impressive looks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I mean considering margins for error that’s already likely getting it done … we’ve ended up just fine in the past heading into less impressive looks. 

Like you have been on top of for years, there’s still some compression going on along the gradient that likely indicates faster flow and could lead to less organization, but it’s a good place to start.  Would roll the dice with that look any day.

Compared to almost anywhere else on the globe those heights are compressed just as tightly around our area into the North Atlantic. It looks great but still run the risk of shredding energy.  Negative tilt helps a lot in keeping it together.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Like you have been on top of for years, there’s still some compression going on along the gradient that likely indicates faster flow and could lead to less organization, but it’s a good place to start.  Would roll the dice with that look any day.

Compared to almost anywhere else on the globe those heights are compressed just as tightly around our area into the North Atlantic. It looks great but still run the risk of shredding energy.  Negative tilt helps a lot in keeping it together.

It's a little compressed, but not bad...get that 579 line in N FL down to around Miami and we're golden.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup yup some vestigial compression there … but I’d be willing to hedge the totality wins there. It’d keep things moving along but from orbit that’s cold ptype events verifying STL-PWN while the construct lasts. 

• Like 2

Man/wo man snow

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
Monday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow before 11pm, then snow showers after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 34 to 40 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 25. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man/wo man snow

Tonight
Snow, mainly after 8pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
Monday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow before 11pm, then snow showers after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 34 to 40 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 25. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.

Where is this from, Aomori Snow Corridor?

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man/wo man snow

Tonight
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

81-105"....reads like a George forecast for Foxborough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man/wo man snow

Tonight
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

I was going to chase near Lake Tahoe, but I probably would have died so opted out this time 

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man/wo man snow

Tonight
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

81-105"....reads like a George forecast for Foxborough 

I found one at 10K feet thats even more ridiculous. 89-115". And thats only for the first storm, to the end of the warning. 

Earlier i saw one at 12K feet that i didn't save but it was 118-155". I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and it this is a lot, even for them. A historical event. 

1042973914_ssssScreenshot2021-12-12075637.thumb.png.9b740ebf8190785782c8e8354f915dfc.png

• Like 1