• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Remember the days when we didn’t have one of strongest -pna’s on record?

It's not just the -PNA causing this "problem." It's been a pretty common theme across the Great Lakes in recent years. You have to be waaaaaaay north of a Low to get snow because the air is "stale cool" air. 

11 minutes ago, sferic said:

I pay the $6.99/ month, any other paid sites you recommend? Why isn't the ICON on pivotal?

Thanks!

Well not at that price point lol I like Weather Bell but it $25 a month, can cancel at anytime though..Storm Vista is another one that will run you about$20 a month..

Just a heads up PW will be increasing membership cost starting January 1st..It will now be $9.99 a month..

On December 1st, 2021 to help our users forecast for the upcoming winter season we expanded our Euro model data to all our Plus members! A summary of new data and features that will be available are listed below. Finally, to allow us to continue to expand our solution offering and fund the new ECMWF data cost, new pricing for all Plus memberships will go into affect on January 1st, 2022.

Screenshot_20211222-115019.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Looks like some light lake effect mood drops of rain on Xmas while we huddle around the tree here in upstate NY. 

…just freaking fantastic. 

Maybe if you get up at 1 am and put on the flood lights, you can huddle around the tree and still have a White, rainless Christmas. Win! (Kind of?)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

I actually mowed a little area on Monday.  Fixed the mower and one area that was too wet to mow last time was dried up and bugging me.  The area was still snow (dusting) covered, but grass was cut!

Snow flurries currently!

I've had the mower out a few times in December this year to clean up some shaggy grass and rogue leaves.  The lawns are pretty lush right now and the golf courses I've been playing on are in phenomenal shape all things considered.  I imagine I'll get in some January rounds at this rate.  February is our only consistent wintry month over the last decade, so I still have hope we'll get some winter, just a smaller dose than we had hoped.  

Our winter kickball league starts next week and we don't play unless the ground is frozen or there is at least 1 inch of snow, so that looks to be in serious jeopardy.  The league threatens to cancel it altogether every year because we have had to cancel so many games, then last year we would would have 6 consecutive weeks where we could have played but of course it was canceled because of Covid, bahhhh :(  Can't win!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That’s a wrap…at least for the next 2 weeks again. I’m pretty certain this is going to be quite a teaching to many Mets.

It's certainly not pretty, but this is not a shutout pattern we're in. We have chances over the next 2 weeks. It's not a torch, and it's not a winter wonderland. But, it's better than what we had the first half of the month. I'm keeping expectations super low, but also would not be surprised with some surprises. :) If tomorrow night works out, that would be one of example of a minor event that was non-existent on the models a few days ago.

36 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

I actually mowed a little area on Monday.  Fixed the mower and one area that was too wet to mow last time was dried up and bugging me.  The area was still snow (dusting) covered, but grass was cut!

Snow flurries currently!

I shoulda just left my mower deck on. Odds of needing the plow or snowblower attachments are steadily declining.

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It's certainly not pretty, but this is not a shutout pattern we're in. We have chances over the next 2 weeks. It's not a torch, and it's not a winter wonderland. But, it's better than what we had the first half of the month. I'm keeping expectations super low, but also would not be surprised with some surprises. :) If tomorrow night works out, that would be one of example of a minor event that was non-existent on the models a few days ago.

But It does feel like we are the NY Mets losing 12-1 in the 2nd inning or the NY Giants down 17-3 in the 1st Quarter...I've become all too accustomed  to both of those realities in recent years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Would love this pattern for spring/summer but would like to go skiing a few times this winter. I'm thinking about booking a trip out west in march.

You just know the pattern will have shifted by then. Rockies will be melting while we "enjoy" our traditional late season snow showers and well below avg temps from mid March into the April timeframe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1