Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Easily your latest frost on record. You haven’t been hit 30’s yet right? :lol: 

We’ve hit it a few times but I think 36F was the coldest and it was foggy so no frost.

Apparently light is the bigger impact.  Trees are going to be completely bare before we even frost at this point lol.

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I've hit the 30's a couple of times.  I think 37° or 38° is my low.  Late for a frost definitely but pretty much normal for foliage

I think Mansfield’s latest 32F was October 6, in 2011 but not sure when those graphics were made by BTV.

I see MPV is October 31, 1975 so still some time to go for that one.

Morrisville, Worcester and Northfield show October 20, 2005… but those are shorter period of records.  MPV goes back further so likely the others would be around Halloween too if their records dates back past the 1990s.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We’ve hit it a few times but I think 36F was the coldest and it was foggy so no frost.

Apparently light is the bigger impact.  Trees are going to be completely bare before we even frost at this point lol.

Meanwhile my front and BY.  The temperatures about 88.. hop in the water plug .. just for old times sake 

Inewe1f.jpg

fFdBSuc.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Thanks WW.  Corrected to jays.  I don't know what it was but the sound I heard was about 20 seconds after the reports.  Wouldn't a jet sound last longer?  Maybe with the speed of sound/vibration it took awhile to get this far north?  From time to time locals set of tannerite explosions that can be heard for many,many miles if there is a air inversion.  

Oh yes, I agree that an actual jet would have lasted longer, but it had a jet engine sort of sound to it, for that very short interval. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Easily your latest frost on record. You haven’t been hit 30’s yet right? :lol: 

It's past my previous delay of 1st frost - Oct. 6, 2011 - and I'm guessing at a week from today as a possible date, and could be later.  Farmington co-op's latest for 1st frost was Oct. 17, 1990 and that year's Sept. had 3 mornings at 33.  For certain my spot would've frosted on those days.  Last month's low here was 34 and the co-op 35.  Good chance this will be the co-op's latest 1st frost since they began records in 1893.

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

It's past my previous delay of 1st frost - Oct. 6, 2011 - and I'm guessing at a week from today as a possible date, and could be later.  Farmington co-op's latest for 1st frost was Oct. 17, 1990 and that year's Sept. had 3 mornings at 33.  For certain my spot would've frosted on those days.  Last month's low here was 34 and the co-op 35.  Good chance this will be the co-op's latest 1st frost since they began records in 1893.

If you sit back and think about it, that really is mind blowing . It gets my wandering mind to think is this fall just an enigma.. or will these type of things happen more and more often as we go thru the next several decades . I mean that goes back to Ginx wearing knickers picking up doggie doo with whittled arrows 

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you sit back and think about it, that really is mind blowing . It gets my wandering mind to think is this fall just an enigma.. or will these type of things happen more and more often as we go thru the next several decades . I mean that goes back to Ginx wearing knickers picking up doggie doo with whittled arrows 

Your an enigma