Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

16 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well friends, time to own up and say just how wrong I was. I thought PSU would get annihilated tonight but I was way off. Very pleased to see it was respectable. 

Yes the boys played hard. For the most part it was a very competitive game. I will eat my share of crow. However, the lack of any semblance of a functioning Oline and running game as a consistent theme this far into Franklin’s tenure is still completely unacceptable. But let’s see what they can make of the rest of the season. I’ll be at Maryland next week with some buddies for our annual road game trip. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

C-McCarthy 

Well...fair point. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes the boys played hard. For the most part it was a very competitive game. I will eat my share of crow. However, the lack of any semblance of a functioning Oline and running game as a consistent theme this far into Franklin’s tenure is still completely unacceptable. But let’s see what they can make of the rest of the season. I’ll be at Maryland next week with some buddies for our annual road game trip. 

Have fun in College Park! Last time PSU played there it was about 80/20 Penn State fans.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Honest question  - who's the worst game day coach? Franklin or Tomlin?

Thing is Tomlin has a 39 year old out of shape QB and no offensive line to work with. That said, the fake FG call was one of the worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen made, regardless of whether or not the hit on Boswell was dirty. Tomlin coaches conservatively all season long until we get a 4th and 9 in chip shot field goal range and calls a fake that fails miserably. I will say this: if Tomlin somehow gets this team to the playoffs and wins even one game while he’s there, he should be coach of the year hands down.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Thing is Tomlin has a 39 year old out of shape QB and no offensive line to work with. That said, the fake FG call was one of the worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen made, regardless of whether or not the hit on Boswell was dirty. Tomlin coaches conservatively all season long until we get a 4th and 9 in chip shot field goal range and calls a fake that fails miserably. I will say this: if Tomlin somehow gets this team to the playoffs and wins even one game while he’s there, he should be coach of the year hands down.

The game management decisions he makes are beyond laughable at this point. I’ve never seen a fake field goal cost a team that many points. How a professional football team doesn’t have anyone on the roster capable enough to hit a 20 yard field goal is almost laughable. And they are one of the few teams to select a punter with a draft pick lol. The afc north is a shit show with no team deserving of being in the playoffs so I guess we’ll take a win.

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Cannot argue anything you said. 

So...the Lions are 0 for the season. They come to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. The Lions lost at home today to a bad team by 38 points. 

You know what's going to happen before it happens. And I'll be there to witness it. 

• Sad 1

With regards to this week, I think the big story is going to be the marked change from October’s persistent warmth with this new pattern finally bringing C-PA a below average regime temp wise. As I mentioned last week, it appears we will be addressing the fact we haven’t had a widespread frost or freeze pretty directly to open up November. A weak disturbance Tuesday will likely deliver the regions first snowflakes at elevation as well. 

I know there were some rumblings on the models of an end of week coastal but I think pattern’s a bit progressive to give us much from whatever materializes. Thus I think dry and chilly will be the general theme this week. Considering how far behind the leaves are I don’t know if I’d want an early season snowstorm quite yet. 

Already some early strat-warming going on and associated disturbing of the PV. So that’s going to be interesting to see how it factors into how we open up the first part of the winter, specifically after say Nov 15-20th or so into December where snow threats become more doable if the appropriate pattern and cold are available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Honest question  - who's the worst game day coach? Franklin or Tomlin?

I don’t usually get super fired up like the Facebook/Twitter coaching staff gets when either team doesn’t do well but I was def mad about having Boswell run a fake in a close game like that. Let your pro bowl caliber kicker do what he does best. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I don’t usually get super fired up like the Facebook/Twitter coaching staff gets when either team doesn’t do well but I was def mad about having Boswell run a fake in a close game like that. Let your pro bowl caliber kicker do what he does best. 

See, that's just it. Not only close, but points were obviously at a premium yesterday. It's not like both teams were going up and down the field scoring. Take the 6-3 lead to the locker room, the Steelers were getting the ball to start the 2nd half on top of that. Talk about recognizing the situation...

Very fortunate to win yesterday. Defense played exceptionally well, what pleased me most was that they finished tackles, which is often a downfall of the Black and Gold. 

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
423 AM EDT Mon Nov 1 2021

PAZ026>028-035-036-045-046-049>053-056>059-063>066-012200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FZ.A.0005.211103T0400Z-211103T1300Z/
Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Fulton-Franklin-Southern Clinton-
Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-
Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Huntingdon, Mount Union, Lewistown,
Mifflintown, McConnellsburg, Chambersburg, Lock Haven,
Williamsport, Lewisburg, Selinsgrove, Danville, Sunbury,
Shamokin, Bloomsburg, Berwick, Newport, Harrisburg, Hershey,
Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
423 AM EDT Mon Nov 1 2021

...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH
WEDNESDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures as low as 29 possible in some
  rural valleys.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania and the Susquehanna
  River Valley.

* WHEN...From late Tuesday night through Wednesday morning.

* IMPACTS...Freezing temperatures could kill crops and other
  sensitive vegetation.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Valley locations and sheltered rural areas
  will experience the coldest temperatures. This cold will likely
  bring and end to the growing season.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take protective measures now as freezing temperatures could
damage or kill tender plants and vegetation. Potted plants should
be brought inside.

The latest forecast information can be found on the NWS State
College Facebook page and Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or on the web
at weather.gov/ctp.

&&

$$

For more information from the National Weather Service visit
http://weather.gov/ctp

On 10/26/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bubbler86 said:

@TimB84, assuming you are not in Mexico yet.  My 5-7 days at MDT  is not going to come to fruition.  The lows are indeed going to get me...that and two days where MDT recorded exactly normal.  If I had scored those two days I would still be in the running. 

PIT had a -1 and a -3 in there and a few days that rounded to 0.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

My grid forecast mentions snow chances Thursday through Saturday. 

For Tamaqua...

Thursday Night
A chance of rain before 10pm, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of snow before 10am, then a chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

He blew it by throwing left handed in the end zone. LOL. The boys keep winning!

That was only one of his faux pas (faw paws in West Virginia?).  As to game progressed, he kept giving like Santa at Christmas.  But that left handed throw looked like Buddy Ryan trying to call the waiter to get another plate of chicken wings. 

Super win by Big D.  Cooper Squared. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That was only one of his faux pas (faw paws in West Virginia?).  As to game progressed, he kept giving like Santa at Christmas.  But that left handed throw looked like Buddy Ryan try to call the waiter to get another plate of chicken wings. 

Super win by Big D.  Cooper Squared. 

Yes worried with Cooper playing but they got it done.

• Like 1