Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Just passes 1”.

Saturday afternoon might be quite nice - low 60s and maybe a peek or two of sun. 

NAM continues to "dryslot" us, so no matter how you came about it....you win.  I dont think the sun shows, but verbatim MSLP rots away over the buckeye state as a jump to an off coast solution leaves us "jipped" here.  Truth told, I'd be glad to see your thoughts verify.  I'm tired of wet weekends...

Just now, pasnownut said:

NAM continues to "dryslot" us, so no matter how you came about it....you win.  I dont think the sun shows, but verbatim MSLP rots away over the buckeye state as a jump to an off coast solution leaves us "jipped" here.  Truth told, I'd be glad to see your thoughts verify.  I'm tired of wet weekends...

Rain is about done for all the LSV tonight and I think we do get dryslotted tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We might be tracking Winter weather before the Winter thread gets started up…

Going down to tomorrow's 76ers game. 

I sold last night's game, I can't justify 40 trips to south Philly from where I live and with that traffic. So I usually do about a 20-20 split. I was thinking about you watching last night's game as they nearly blew a 22 point lead in the final 5 minutes to a dreadful team all because we do not have a go to down the stretch. I fear that the Hawks will torch us tomorrow night almost as badly as PSU gets torched in Columbus. 

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The NAM was zeroing in on an I-81 jackpot and man, it had that nailed. Most of our Cumberland county area posters had between 30-40". MDT had 30.2", I finished with a pedestrian 28.4"

I believe I was the jackpot winner with 35.6".  Biggest single event of my lifetime.  I assume you are talking about Jan'16 storm?

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2.01" for me. Nearly 4" of rain for the week. This has been a remarkable year for significant rain events- I'll check to see how many times I've had 2"+ events in 2021.

Did anyone have over 2.5" for this one?  I ended the day (10/29) with 2.57" of rain.  It just would not stop here.  Heavy for much of the time.

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was reading the Blizzard of 2016 thread at 3am this morning during a break from training. You were down in Ocala at the time and still provided expert analysis for us 1000 miles away.

That storm was awesome to track on here with all of you. The snow totals from the storm with be very tough to beat someday. I was exhausted after that storm. There were the 7 days of intense tracking and then 3 days of digging out between home & work. It was all worth it for the historic event!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Going down to tomorrow's 76ers game. 

I sold last night's game, I can't justify 40 trips to south Philly from where I live and with that traffic. So I usually do about a 20-20 split. I was thinking about you watching last night's game as they nearly blew a 22 point lead in the final 5 minutes to a dreadful team all because we do not have a go to down the stretch. I fear that the Hawks will torch us tomorrow night almost as badly as PSU gets torched in Columbus. 

The fourth quarter closer problem is not going to go away with the current roster. They made the wrong decision 2 years ago to keep Tobias Harris and then trade Jimmy Butler. This was done to appease Simmons and keep Brett Brown. They had the closer on the roster in Jimmy Butler and then traded him away! There is no way that they would have lost to the Hawks with Jimmy on the roster. Now, the Sixers need to figure out how to change the roster again to get another 4th quarter closer to help Embiid.

Hopefully the Sixers are fired up for this Hawks game tonight in order to get some little revenge for the playoff melt down from last year!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The fourth quarter closer problem is not going to go away with the current roster. They made the wrong decision 2 years ago to keep Tobias Harris and then trade Jimmy Butler. This was done to appease Simmons and keep Brett Brown. They had the closer on the roster in Jimmy Butler and then traded him away! There is no way that they would have lost to the Hawks with Jimmy on the roster. Now, the Sixers need to figure out how to change the roster again to get another 4th quarter closer to help Embiid.

Hopefully the Sixers are fired up for this Hawks game tonight in order to get some little revenge for the playoff melt down from last year!

I am not a Maxey fan either.   It would be oh so ironic if Big Ben turned into a closer....sort of a life changing moment for him. 

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Now that some of you are now awake this fine Saturday morning…I present the 0z Euro Control run for the snow chance next weekend!

This will make the weekend coffee taste even better…for most of us anyway!

44F93ED1-B47F-4427-AF73-A4B98216123F.png

38AAC387-81A9-4B94-A485-1DE443C0E8D5.png

I guess it can happen. It happened in the early 80's not sure exactly what year. But I remember we all gathered at my great aunts house after her funeral and we had 6in of snow, then it turned to sleet and eventually rain. the roads were a mess.

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes sir.

Up to 1.8" of rain here and it's borderline heavy again. I had 207 trick or treaters despite getting nearly 3/4 of an inch during the 2 hour period. 

1.6” total here. Wow you had over 200 trick or treaters in that mess!? Ours was a shell of itself, which also may have been party due to some neighborhood people trying to replan it at the last minute for sunday night. I was shocked to see the kids we did, which was maybe 30 all night, and hooked them up with extra candy for their efforts. 

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2.01" for me. Nearly 4" of rain for the week. This has been a remarkable year for significant rain events- I'll check to see how many times I've had 2"+ events in 2021.

MDT only has 2.38" for the whole month.  They will probably come in over 1" under normal for the month unless they get some downpours today or tomorrow.  

Speaking of MDT, they are at 62.9 for an average Oct. temp right now.  It will be knocked down quite a bit the next two days with two nights near or in the 40's but not sure it gets knocked down .9.  If so, this will be the warmest Oct ever at MDT.  Interesting thing I noticed when looking at this: MDT's first recorded average temp for a month is July 1888 (instead of the start of a year). 

Octobers where the temp has averaged 60 or higher

2021: 62.9 (through 10/29)

2007: 62

1984: 61.5

1947: 61.3

2017: 61.2

1900: 60.6

1971: 60.5

Those stats are actually a little surprising in that it is spread out fairly well.  Not all clumped in more recent times.