Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Definitely think wind advisory's are needed for some areas at this point.  For long stretches we are sustaining 30-35 now so basically a tropical storm.  Gusts into the uppers 40's.   Some fairly bad tidal flooding in the DelMarVa area. 

That is def advisory area.

And yeah Annapolis might be in big, big, big trouble. 

noticed on more recent runs somewhat of a miller B type progression s/ stalling primary and eventual secondary pop.  Once can also see qpf distribution sorta taking on east central pa jip zone/dryslot of sorts.  3k illustrates it pretty well.  IF thats the case, then Canderson could find an easier path to victory.  

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

10th anniversary of one of my favorite snow events of all time . Once in a lifetime event for sure . "They" said it wouldn't stick:lmao:

That argument was permanently crushed forever 10 years ago 

This was the I-81 south exit for 309 McAdoo/Tamaqua that day. I was coming home from work up in Pittston.

FB_IMG_1635527370198.jpg.ee3da4f57a87cfd515cdefcfb2b4a7c6.jpg

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

Did NY get a ton of rain recently? It’s been fairly dry so I’m not sure why it’s high. 

we had multiday rains up north last week.  my guess is that ground water tables are getting to aoa normal, and less absorption going on.  Dunno.

• Like 1

Today's conditions are reminiscent of Memorial Day.  Rain, wind, and temps stuck near 50 degrees.  Yuck!  Anyway, it's 50.5 degrees here now and I've recorded 0.84" of rain so far with intensity now ranging between moderate to occasionally heavy.  One thing I haven't seen many talking about was how dry the month of October has been, up until today.  Through yesterday my month-to-date precip total was a meager 1.41".  Looks like I might double that amount by tomorrow.

>>Edit...one other thing I forgot to mention was that we are now less than 2mb away from 1000, and likely to go sub 1000 over the next few hours.