Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Where do you fall on the scale? 

Definitely a 3.  Although I've veered into some 4 like behaviors on occasion.  I've wanted to quit after some big time busts for sure.  And I do sometimes appreciate when New England gets hosed.  That forum goes absolutely bonkers, and it's nice not having skin in the game in that case.

• Like 1

Just now, GrandmasterB said:

Definitely a 3.  Although I've veered into some 4 like behaviors on occasion.  I've wanted to quit after some big time busts for sure.  And I do sometimes appreciate when New England gets hosed.  That forum goes absolutely bonkers, and it's nice not having skin in the game in that case.

If you were around during Usenet/#neweather, New England getting screwed always veered us all into a terrible place.  They were never happy for the MA. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Major PAIN!

You guys were talking down about PSU before the season started.  I would give them at least a modicum of a chance.  Is Clifford's health at all known?  I saw a National Website reporter comment the other day that suggested PSU winning would be the upset of the year.  LOL.  Such drama.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You guys were talking down about PSU before the season started.  I would give them at least a modicum of a chance.  Is Clifford's health at all known?  I saw a National Website reporter comment the other day that suggested PSU winning would be the upset of the year.  LOL.  Such drama.  

I wasn't talking down on them before the season but after last weeks horrible showing I have to. Clifford said this week he would be back at 100% so we shall see.

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

I wasn't talking down on them before the season but after last weeks horrible showing I have to. Clifford said this week he would be back at 100% so we shall see.

I forget who was and was not pointing at anyone but if I were a fan I would at least look for a chance of a victory.  The PSU team that was beating up Iowa could compete with anyone except GA in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Going to play the Devils advocate here.  OSU's opponents, except one, have not been top level talent.  They did run up the scores on these teams but without doing a super in depth analysis, it appears PSU is their second high level skill team on the schedule.  Rutgers and Minn have done "ok" but the others are dregs. On the flip side, MD beat Illinois. '

image.png.63bb13f8331302bcd2f605b2247d9fae.png

• Like 1

I didn't talk down on Penn State prior to the season but I did very early on. We were a splash team scoring a lot of points off of big pass plays and I figured once we started playing teams with big lines we'd be in trouble. The game I realized we were in trouble was Villanova- if you watched the game, they pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. We averaged 2 yards per carry against them. 2. And they moved the ball on our first team defense though the D only gave up one TD until the last quarter once the starters were out. Ironically, I think the best we played all year was the first half of the Iowa game until Cliff went out. I agree with Sauss that we would have crushed them. 

I fear an embarrassment Saturday night. Ryan Day knows he needs to keep running up the score in games to make up for the Oregon loss. Penn State seems to be in the perfect position to get run up on. A disinterested coach, banged up players, a Scarlet Out on prime time likely equals an ugly night for the blue and white. I like OSU 52-9. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I didn't talk down on Penn State prior to the season but I did very early on. We were a splash team scoring a lot of points off of big pass plays and I figured once we started playing teams with big lines we'd be in trouble. The game I realized we were in trouble was Villanova- if you watched the game, they pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. We averaged 2 yards per carry against them. 2. And they moved the ball on our first team defense though the D only gave up one TD until the last quarter once the starters were out. Ironically, I think the best we played all year was the first half of the Iowa game until Cliff went out. I agree with Sauss that we would have crushed them. 

I fear an embarrassment Saturday night. Ryan Day knows he needs to keep running up the score in games to make up for the Oregon loss. Penn State seems to be in the perfect position to get run up on. A disinterested coach, banged up players, a Scarlet Out on prime time likely equals an ugly night for the blue and white. I like OSU 52-9. 

If PSU only scores 9 (and Clifford the Big Blue QB is decent) that would be a real embarrassment.   That would be less than 1/2 Tulsa and only two more than the Zips.  If I had to pick a score I would say OSU 38 PSU 27 but think PSU can still win if things bounce right. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If PSU only scores 9 (and Clifford the Big Blue QB is decent) that would be a real embarrassment.   That would be less than 1/2 Tulsa and only two more than the Zips.  If I had to pick a score I would say OSU 38 PSU 27 but think PSU can still win. 

I've been wrong, very wrong plenty of times. I'll own my words for sure. I just feel like this week is going to be very ugly. 

So tomorrow we rain. Is it going to rain on Saturday or not? Going to the Center for 76ers- Hawks to forget about PSU and instead watch Atlanta come to down and beat us again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been wrong, very wrong plenty of times. I'll own my words for sure. I just feel like this week is going to be very ugly. 

So tomorrow we rain. Is it going to rain on Saturday or not? Going to the Center for 76ers- Hawks to forget about PSU and instead watch Atlanta come to down and beat us again.

Canderson says to get the sunscreen out, Nut said galoshes are the order of the day.   Watch out for the Assassin Bogdan Bogdonavich. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, paweather said:

I like it!

Pillow and Paw Paw are both close to scoring...and since it comes at night, when they are at their record lows, there is no sun angle.   Will check the WGAL Snow maps when they come out.  I have TWC on in the background and they are ignoring the threat.    I wonder if Mag has seen this run of the Euro?  Imagine how much snow this would be if colder?  If this fails I may not post models for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrandmasterB said:

As much as I enjoy the "how much rain will I get on Saturday discussion", I'm ready to track snow!  I very rarely post, but have been around forever (Eastern, all the street cred stuff).  I have known some of you for quite a while which is super weird...but it's the internet so don't be alarmed!  With that, I've always enjoyed the "Day in the life of a weenie" posts and other winter season kickoff activity.  I've also been amused by watching posters progress from weenie infancy to weenie superstardom.  I’ve married those two things into the list below.  I hope you enjoy, and please I know I missed a ton on here…throw out the ones I forgot!  I’d like to make this a thing each year (if it’s funny).  And btw for those who were on the Philly forum when it actually had life, Tombo followed this progression almost to a T.  Enjoy!

GrandmasterB’s Evolution of a Snow Weenie:

Ween level 1 (Noob) – Hi, new to the board (probably lives in Lancaster).  Posts snow deck pic obs (hopefully in the mid-atl forum by accident).  Imagine if this storm was colder and it was snow!

Ween level 2 (In training…but somehow Voyager is here) – How much for Paw Paw?  What time does the Euro run/what did the GFS show?  Where do you guys get these models?  (TWC on in the background).  Posts WGAL snow map.  Do you guys know a good weather station to buy?  What is NAO?

Ween level 3 (most of us) – Horst is too conservative on this one/posts twitter snow maps.  Posts model snow maps (most likely the NAM) that clearly has tons of sleet in it.  Trend is our friend!  What is MAG’s take on the new Euro?  Posts the NWS daily discussion.  Posts a highly suss snow depth obs.  I like when Daylight Savings ends so the models “run on time”.  Sidewalk is caving.  I don’t trust these off hour runs (posts 18Z snow map if it’s a crushing).

Major Weenie (Hall of Famer) – Posts 0Z Euro PbP with analysis (no one is awake).  Posts long range maps in other forums.  ’93-’94 is my current analog.  Bemoans high sun angle during a snow event.  Picks a fight with a conservative poster in different forum.  Needs a “cooling off” period after large model/prediction bust.  Claims to be “done with models” posts the GFS next day.  It’s the storm after this one I’m interested in.  “Incoming!!” 30 seconds into a model run.  Tracks a new England snowstorm/likes it when they bust.  Starts a new weather site.

Pure brilliance sir.  Post more often.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sadly, I couldn't agree more.  Just feels like one of those spots where two teams going in opposite directions collide and it resembles a bug/windshield scenario.  Also, as you and @canderson mentioned, Franklin seemed completely out of it at his weekly press conference, saying the big house when he meant the shoe and referring on several occasions to Illinois instead of OSU.  These are things he never does, always so buttoned up and polished.  To me, it is very telling.  I foresee a bloodbath but I would saw off my own arm to be wrong.

Look at what popped up at the end of my point & click forecast for Tamaqua...

Wednesday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nooners Nam definitely suggests its going to be a tough forecast this weekend....it jumps the lowest level of pressure location more than 5 times during the run.   Cannot really blame it on convection either. 

If one has been following the progression (and earlier attempts at retrograding), it should at least raise an eyebrow to uncertainty for saturday as a stall of some sort remains a possibility.  

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

And since this was such a convo topic, Nooners GFS suggests scatted wetness Saturday...more  Harrisburg and North/East on this run.    Not a wash out by any means. 

I was just throwing a bit of weather chat in amongst the football chatter....

My apologies...........can y'all forgive me.:lol: