Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Football- I have a big lead in my Fantasy league. I just took a big hit today with Henry's injury...

Yea, it was not good when the news of AP working out for Tenn came out.  Lots of injuries this year.  CMC has bitten me two years in a row.  I will not draft him again.  The Sean Lee of running backs. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am still waiting for a model to show the 4 straight days of snow that the zones had this AM. 

This pattern looks dry as all get out. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a drop/flake of anything this week. Some wasted BN days.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This pattern looks dry as all get out. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a drop/flake of anything this week. Some wasted BN days.

Agreed.  Initially suppressing ridge from the North that moves by to our West into the S/E US is going to bend everything out to sea or into Canada.    That setup screams "don't put those shorts away yet/Pillow goes for 70's again". 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Agreed.  Initially suppressing ridge from the North that moves by to our West into the S/E US is going to bend everything out to sea or into Canada.    That setup screams "don't put those shorts away yet/Pillow goes for 70's again". 

This GFS run didn’t show it as much, but the previous couple runs hinted at back to the same old pattern we had in October.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

This GFS run didn’t show it as much, but the previous couple runs hinted at back to the same old pattern we had in October.

At the very least, a ridge sitting down in the Georgia or Alabama area  is going to pump "non winter" air up here.  A topic for another week but it has indeed been several runs in a row where warm temps have surfaced.   GFS tries to throw a bone to the suffering tropical forecasts by spinning something up only to have that monster gyre like ULL/area over Southern Canada eat it up. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

At the very least, a ridge sitting down in the Georgia or Alabama area  is going to pump "non winter" air up here.  A topic for another week but it has indeed been several runs in a row where warm temps have surfaced.   GFS tries to throw a bone to the suffering tropical forecasts by spinning something up only to have that monster gyre like ULL/area over Southern Canada eat it up. 

After this week no warmup please.

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sign of the time:

No heat on at my place until past Nov 1.

I will have to cut some grass in November (a first since I moved back).  Usually Nov is just for leave chopping.  Almost all the leaves are gone and off the tree but the grass. areas that did not die back this year are still growing. 

No heat here either - probably needs to come on Wednesday. Most the trees around us are fully leafed out - hell our maple is only 1/2 red. 

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

No heat here either - probably needs to come on Wednesday. Most the trees around us are fully leafed out - hell our maple is only 1/2 red. 

Our Oak tree still have leaves but our Sugar maple in the back is down to about 25% of its leaves left.  It was looking quite good until the tropical storm took all the weak leaves off last week.    No green, all yellow or orange leaves.  We were no where near as warm as the central LSV this last two months so that is probably a reason.  For October we were only 2-3 degrees above normal (MDT normal). 

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

That was only one of his faux pas (faw paws in West Virginia?).  As to game progressed, he kept giving like Santa at Christmas.  But that left handed throw looked like Buddy Ryan trying to call the waiter to get another plate of chicken wings. 

Super win by Big D.  Cooper Squared. 

Agreed, that was a HUGE win by the Boys down their QB and on the road.

A month from now, this reversal of zones would be grounds for posts stating one was done with weather.  From 4 days of snow to sunny and a tad below normal. 

Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Light northwest wind.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 53.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 35.