Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Normally you can see multiple mountain ridges and hills past this all the way to Jay Peak.  Even the haziest dewiest summer days have several more hills behind here.  Visibility at the ASOS seemed about right, 4 miles or so.

July26.thumb.jpg.b9d554dbbf88ba949aaeeaa9ffc07920.jpg

That looks like a Sabra Field painting

I think what this pattern tells us is that we can flip the script regardless of time of year.  If we were passed the solar max ... ~ Aug 8 ... warm enthusiasts feel ripped off and early abandon.

If we got this pattern in early September we'd be clocking early frosts.  

We may in fact go back and register another WAR- like pattern ...if/and/or some form of western ejection/enmeshed air mass after about 8 .. 9 days. Some semblance of that in the ens means and operational cadence, more or less vague at times. 

If so, this oddly sloped +PNAP is a memory - but... should be thought of when it tries to poke back in for a late August/Sept visit.   I think this CC -related circulation and seasonal prolapse is real. I don't have any conceptual issue with assuming we see early autumnal strikes, followed by unusual warm bounce back ... oscillatory with snow tucked into one of the cold pulses toward the end of 2.5 months.  Yup, I said it.    Don't worry, it'll by 80 in November at least once.

This dew is nuts for death valley got up to 77 earlier

VISITORS CENTER AT FURNACE CREEK DEATH VALLEY (DEVC1)

Lat: 36.46222°NLon: 116.86361°WElev: -193ft.

NA

87°F

31°C

Humidity 69%
Wind Speed N 0 MPH
Barometer NA
Dewpoint 75°F (24°C)
Visibility NA
Heat Index 97°F (36°C)
Last update 27 Jul 08:00 AM PDT

31 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

This dew is nuts for death valley got up to 77 earlier

VISITORS CENTER AT FURNACE CREEK DEATH VALLEY (DEVC1)

Lat: 36.46222°NLon: 116.86361°WElev: -193ft.

NA

87°F

31°C

Humidity 69%
Wind Speed N 0 MPH
Barometer NA
Dewpoint 75°F (24°C)
Visibility NA
Heat Index 97°F (36°C)
Last update 27 Jul 08:00 AM PDT

I honestly didn’t know they get dews like that.

52 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ooh la la surprise Cocadoodledewlessness 82/59 for now. Beautiful day

85/60 summer day like they draw it up. Lake was absolutely beautiful and warm for the morning swim. Hot sun feels amazing after a pool dip with evaporative  cooling and a freshening SW breeze. Dew you feel like I Dew? 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I honestly didn’t know they get dews like that.

Reminds me... you know, how ever it is or isn't very well known...  "death" in Death Valley is sort of a misnomer. 

Because there are flora species adapted to aridity in such a way as to remain utterly dormant...sometimes for a decade or more, and then when it does rain prodigiously in the valley - albeit rare - the floor explodes in a sea of extravagant wild flower displays.   Moreover, there has to be pollen dependent insect biota also activated, otherwise, ...what's the the use of flowers?   

Basically, dormancy is replaced by transient abuzz of life ...with insects darting too and fro, flowers waving in torrid breezes, and probably ground floor rodentia have entered the valley foor, while birds of prey engage mobius-loops in the skies above, surveying for a rare meal. 

It may only occur once per decade or longer, but the region does have an ecology. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Maybe that's why it's Death Valley (people can die/have died there) rather than Dead Valley.

Ha, right -

"we never said the valley's dead.  Just that it likes to kill people"  

Maybe it was a blossom that drew people into the trap -

• Like 1