• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're near Ski Roundtop? I wonder how much damage there was at Pinchot...

I’m on pinetown road, the road the leads back to roundtop. It’s seem to have hit this area hard driving around. Looks like it stayed just north of Pinchot. 

Just now, paweather5 said:

I’m on pinetown road, the road the leads back to roundtop. It’s seem to have hit this area hard driving around. Looks like it stayed just north of Pinchot. 

Thanks for the update, and hope you are all okay. I know that area very well, 2 kids have passes to Roundtop and we go to Pinchot multiple times a year. Love that area very much. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

A cell just absolutely exploded due north of Harrisburg over Marysville. I can look out my window and see the wicked lightning and the cloud tops growing. Wow. It'll pass north of the city but that line racing out west will bring rain. 

Blizz has done well the past couple of days. 

Man, lots of activity inbound from our west.

53 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was in a pretty good thunderstorm yesterday afternoon that dumped 0.21".  This was the first measurable for this month.  I'll have to go back and look at end of July to see when last precip day was.  Obviously grass all around here is getting pretty brown.

we got hammered with gully washer last evening here in Akron/Ephrata.  I'm betting close to an inch.  Storms looking good for tonight as well.

I'm getting side-swiped with a thunderstorm running just to my south.  Had a lot of wind preceding the arrival of the rain.  Heat Index / Real Feel dropped from 108 to 78 in about 20 minutes.  Actual temp dropped from 97 to 76.  High heat for today is at least over.  That cell over Harrisburg really blew up quickly and even blew up to the west of the river as the line was moving east.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

These cells are getting serious energy as they clear the Blue Mountains  - interesting. 

If you saw that satellite snapshot the instability (clear skies east of the storm line) that was a good look for things to hold together or pop in the east.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

A cell just absolutely exploded due north of Harrisburg over Marysville. I can look out my window and see the wicked lightning and the cloud tops growing. Wow. It'll pass north of the city but that line racing out west will bring rain. 

The storms over the last couple of hours were very impressive with heavy rain and wind!

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The storms over the last couple of hours were very impressive with heavy rain and wind!

And as usual, Tamaqua will get the shaft. Probably just a run of the mill shower while Reading/Kutztown, and beyond get shellacked, just like you guys did out Hburg way...