• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

HAHA! Cowboys did lose with their 2nd stringers. Phillies 8 in a row, how about that!

From 51-53 to division leaders (with a negative run differential) in just a week. Still, it could only take 85-77 or so to take the East.

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just hit 90. Looks like this is day #2 of at least 6 straight days of 90+ temps. 

I hit 92 today but only 89 yesterday. Did you happen to see that storm earlier this evening right across the river from us that completely stalled out? Seems to have dropped a couple inches over a very narrow area. 

12 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 92 today but only 89 yesterday. Did you happen to see that storm earlier this evening right across the river from us that completely stalled out? Seems to have dropped a couple inches over a very narrow area. 

Sure did! I was out front watering last evening and watching the towers just sit there. 

I arrived at work this morning to a nice little shower. Nothing at home.

CTP's disco this morning mentions the possibility of an Excessive Heat Warning (1st of the year) by Thursday:

Our latest forecast has max heat index values reaching 100-104F
advisory range on Wednesday with excessive heat warning criteria
possible on Thursday. Heat headlines are likely to be issued by
the dayshift.

Would be a pleasant 75 degrees but for the dew point of 72 (as of 8:30 AM). Still not bad at all when we get the occasional breeze but oy vey, it is sticky. Definitely starting to feel like the Dog Days of summer here.

(My dog says he objects to this convention of calling the late-summer stretch of heat and humidity “dog days”. I told him I don’t make the rules)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

CTP's disco this morning mentions the possibility of an Excessive Heat Warning (1st of the year) by Thursday:

Our latest forecast has max heat index values reaching 100-104F
advisory range on Wednesday with excessive heat warning criteria
possible on Thursday. Heat headlines are likely to be issued by
the dayshift.

6z GFS now has MDT at 100 actual air temp at 21z Thursday.

LNS at 95/76/108 on the same panel.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure if MDT reaches the century mark, but I fully expect locations in the LSV to reach or exceed that mark...dependent on copious amounts of sun, of course. 

We thought we had the clock run out on this stuff, but Bettis fumbled. Now it’s up to Big Ben to make the tackle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We thought we had the clock run out on this stuff, but Bettis fumbled. Now it’s up to Big Ben to make the tackle.

I never thought we had run the clock out on big time heat. If the Steelers are going to be the analogy of this week's weather...well, I can't think of a worse team in football to run out the clock than the black and gold. 

Hopefully, after this week we build large enough leads that we don't have to worry about running out the clock. :) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I never thought we had run the clock out on big time heat. If the Steelers are going to be the analogy of this week's weather...well, I can't think of a worse team in football to run out the clock than the black and gold. 

Hopefully, after this week we build large enough leads that we don't have to worry about running out the clock. :) 

I’m worried we’re transitioning into our recent normal September pattern of a never-ending summer. I hope that’s not the case.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure did! I was out front watering last evening and watching the towers just sit there. 

I arrived at work this morning to a nice little shower. Nothing at home.

Yeah we had nice views of the storm from our walk up on the hill last night.  Found this from a guy on Cocorahs in Manchester, York Co......

High Accumulation for this area due to a small, concentrated storm that stalled overhead for appx 1 hour. Rainfall rate exceeded 4" per hour at times. Local retention pond filled rapidly.  UPDATE: TOTAL RAINFALL IN ONE (1) HOUR FROM 600PM THRU 659PM WAS 1.72 ". (PREVIOUS INFO: Rain fell at over 4" per hour, now at moderate rate but still falling moderate to heavy at times. Retention pond filling rapidly. Rain Still accumulating.)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah we had nice views of the storm from our walk up on the hill last night.  Found this from a guy on Cocorahs in Manchester, York Co......

High Accumulation for this area due to a small, concentrated storm that stalled overhead for appx 1 hour. Rainfall rate exceeded 4" per hour at times. Local retention pond filled rapidly.  UPDATE: TOTAL RAINFALL IN ONE (1) HOUR FROM 600PM THRU 659PM WAS 1.72 ". (PREVIOUS INFO: Rain fell at over 4" per hour, now at moderate rate but still falling moderate to heavy at times. Retention pond filling rapidly. Rain Still accumulating.)

CTP upping the ante big time this afternoon for storms- took me from a 40% pop up to 80%. 

Just now, Superstorm said:

Ain’t gonna even get to a 100 in DC. And I doubt 101 in NYC area.

GFS has been overdoing the magnitude of these heatwaves in many parts of the country this summer (with the exception of the west, where drought allowed it to come to fruition). Not saying I believe everything it’s saying, just saying could be days and days of above normal temps.