• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 hours ago, Streak said:

Just started pouring here about 10 minutes ago and there’s an impressive thunder and lightning show. Hopefully it finds its way to you and MtJoySnowman. (Can’t imagine it won’t, but I suppose stranger things have happened…)

Holy hell did it ever! What a T&L show! Swear I just had a lightning strike right in my backyard, instantaneous thunder and the loudest I have ever heard. Could hear it singeing the air from inside the house. Not making it any easier to put the baby down though. I’ll go out and get a measurement in a few but a bit tepid right now haha. Lightning nearby has continued long after rains blew by. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Only received .18" here, but just to my south, they are getting crushed. 

Wow for once I outdid you, and by more than a little. Looks like about .85” in the gauge and a rainbow to the east to boot.  Lord knows I was due.  I’ll scope out the scene for a lightning strike tomorrow, still an ominous look out there. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wow for once I outdid you, and by more than a little. Looks like about .85” in the gauge and a rainbow to the east to boot.  Lord knows I was due.  I’ll scope out the scene for a lightning strike tomorrow, still an ominous look out there. 

I had a feeling...:)

Very little rain, wind, lightning...anything here. Sun was out the final hour or so of daylight.

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, I agree pretty much. I think between 7-9 wins is quite possible if healthy. Outside of that, it's going to be a long fall in the Steel City. 

i'm going with 11-5

14 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Only one of those scenarios makes us have to listen to the “Tomlin has never had a losing season” crowd spouting off.

:D

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Pretty strong gusts right ahead of this line. 

13 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

We had some really impressive gusts here to the point I'm surprised there wasn't a warning or a special weather statement with that. Knocked down a ton of stuff

We had multiple incidents throughout the EP area. I think up to this point of 2021 i've been on more storm related calls then i can remember

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Anyone know any roofers that work in Harrisburg? Discovered today we have a leak. 

Yes, i will send you his info.

Thursday and Friday are going to mirror one another it appears. Some our talking 100, i'm not so sure we hit 100 either day. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

i'm going with 11-5

Thursday and Friday are going to mirror one another it appears. Some our talking 100, i'm not so sure we hit 100 either day. 

By 11-5, do you mean 12-5, 11-6, or 11-5-1? :lol:

I would think any shot at hitting any sort of temperature milestone tomorrow (100 for MDT, 95 for PIT, etc.) depends on avoiding thunderstorms, which I’m not convinced of.

These two items are actually related in that both would require everything to go right.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I would think any shot at hitting any sort of temperature milestone tomorrow (100 for MDT, 95 for PIT, etc.) depends on avoiding thunderstorms, which I’m not convinced of.

These two items are actually related in that both would require everything to go right.

But obligated to post this for the warministas:

15894F78-B4D7-4794-A4FA-D5A6B9F5B330.jpeg.3050a3ed7496f137724840a5d26253cc.jpeg
(with the usual disclaimers that it’s the cherry-picked, warm-biased hour 36 of the HRRR)

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

chit :D i keep forgetting

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

But obligated to post this for the warministas:

15894F78-B4D7-4794-A4FA-D5A6B9F5B330.jpeg.3050a3ed7496f137724840a5d26253cc.jpeg
(with the usual disclaimers that it’s the cherry-picked, warm-biased hour 36 of the HRRR)

i'm going with 99 :snowing:

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i'm going with 11-5

We had multiple incidents throughout the EP area. I think up to this point of 2021 i've been on more storm related calls then i can remember

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i'm going with 11-5

Thanks! 

Well sure enough, after some investigative work it appears the Mulberry tree nearest my house took a direct lightning strike.  I can see the fresh black scorch marks about halfway up and on the ground below are some decent sized freshly fallen limbs.  This is only 40' from the back of my house.  Also, my one GFI circuit tripped (apologies if I've said this wrong as I'm the furthest thing from an electrician ha).  I'm tellin ya, that strike had me jumpin out of ma' underpants whilst sittin on the couch in ma' livin room.

I ended up with .84" but some friends just to the east near the Lititz area got double that and report quite a few ruined mulch beds and a number of downed limbs.  All in all, a crazy little evening.  Let's see what the next couple of days bring, outside of oppressive heat.

19 minutes ago, paweather said:

Headed to Ocean City tonight for the weekend, heat doesn't look as bad down there. 

Enjoy! As Mt Joy said, weather looks good for you. On a side note, if you find yourself looking for a good place to eat, Nicks House of Ribs is awesome.

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Should be perfect for you down there, enjoy!  I'm off to the pool this afternoon, not as good as the beach but I'll take it.

I'm heading to the pool as well and not that anyone doubts it, cold beers as well

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Enjoy! As Mt Joy said, weather looks good for you. On a side note, if you find yourself looking for a good place to eat, Nicks House of Ribs is awesome.

I'm heading to the pool as well and not that anyone doubts it, cold beers as well

Thanks Sauss and for the recommendation on Nicks House of Ribs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Nick's House Of Ribs is where I celebrate many a birthday. REALLY good, tender, flavor...yeah. My only complaint is that often we'll get our food within 5 minutes of ordering. It almost comes out TOO fast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well sure enough, after some investigative work it appears the Mulberry tree nearest my house took a direct lightning strike.  I can see the fresh black scorch marks about halfway up and on the ground below are some decent sized freshly fallen limbs.  This is only 40' from the back of my house.  Also, my one GFI circuit tripped (apologies if I've said this wrong as I'm the furthest thing from an electrician ha).  I'm tellin ya, that strike had me jumpin out of ma' underpants whilst sittin on the couch in ma' livin room.

I ended up with .84" but some friends just to the east near the Lititz area got double that and report quite a few ruined mulch beds and a number of downed limbs.  All in all, a crazy little evening.  Let's see what the next couple of days bring, outside of oppressive heat.

Wow, congrats on the storm last evening. It might have been the poorest excuse for a warned storm here in my 'hood, but I was thinking that you were getting a pretty good smackdown. You sort of deserved it after a season full of heartache...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Nick's House Of Ribs is where I celebrate many a birthday. REALLY good, tender, flavor...yeah. My only complaint is that often we'll get our food within 5 minutes of ordering. It almost comes out TOO fast. 

Last week that was my experience. It seemed like i hadn't taken but a few sips of beer and the ribs were there. It was the first time there i didn't get the Onion Loaf. But the crab toast my daughter wanted was good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

5 minutes WOW! That is crazy these are obviously precooked but good?