Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

32 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I know a ton of people who contracted COVID in Provincetown over July 4th weekend and all of them were vaccinated and wound up either asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic with no worse than an annoying cold. It's time to move on now that we've decoupled the deaths/hospitalization curve from the case curve. Hard to institute lockdowns strict mandates for the purpose of protecting those who chose not to get vaccinated.

Well stated

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Big drop in life expectancy largely thanks to covid.   The biggest impact is among people of color.

I wonder if anyone in a position to affect the national dialog will have the courage to call out unhealthy lifestyles and personal choices as a key part of this? Easier to simply blame a microscopic virus as the sole factor, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The best outcome is every one follows science and gets vaccinated. The reasons why many are not getting are less than satisfactory. I will never think otherwise. Covid is being handed life and time to mutate. If that puts me in some minority view than I'm proud of it. I want to stop hearing about it, move on, and have the world recover back to normal. 

Covid was always going to mutate because the virus will still circulate amongst the vaccinated.

At this point, who cares about anyone remaining unvaxxed? You can protect yourself by vaxxing. If you are still scared, then stay home or wear a mask. It's a personal decision now that the vaccine has been widely available for 2-3 months to anyone who wants it. It was different back prior to the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I wonder if anyone in a position to affect the national dialog will have the courage to call out unhealthy lifestyles and personal choices as a key part of this? Easier to simply blame a microscopic virus as the sole factor, I guess.

nope. America wants people to be stressed, poor, unhappy and overweight - it's profitable

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Pfft…Measly microscopic viruses. I only fear macroscopic viruses myself. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Covid was always going to mutate because the virus will still circulate amongst the vaccinated.

At this point, who cares about anyone remaining unvaxxed? You can protect yourself by vaxxing. If you are still scared, then stay home or wear a mask. It's a personal decision now that the vaccine has been widely available for 2-3 months to anyone who wants it. It was different back prior to the vaccine.

Choosing not to get vaccinated is a personal decision - but I have no problem not letting the unvaxxed into a packed nightclub or concert. 

I got a couple tests after going to Ptown to make sure I wouldn't transmit the virus to others. Thankfully negative. Going to test again before a wedding this weekend just to be double sure.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Choosing not to get vaccinated is a personal decision - but I have no problem not letting the unvaxxed into a packed nightclub or concert. 

I got a couple tests after going to Ptown to make sure I wouldn't transmit the virus to others. Thankfully negative. Going to test again before a wedding this weekend just to be double sure.

Yet we’ve got folks like Jay literally in tears while he’s posting and tweeting about it. No one cares anymore. It’s over and has been unless they want to keep it going in their minds . I just don’t get it . 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Haven't the last couple times it's been tried to restrict concert attendance to only the vaccinated been total disasters? I have heard of a few examples already, at least. At least one in Europe turned into a super spreader event. LOL

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yet we’ve got folks like Jay literally in tears while he’s posting and tweeting about it. No one cares anymore. It’s over and has been unless they want to keep it going in their minds . I just don’t get it . 

It's sometimes sad when a cult breaks up. Like seeing your favorite local hangout as a kid get bulldozed and replaced by a mall.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Haven't the last couple times it's been tried to restrict concert attendance to only the vaccinated been total disasters? I have heard of a few examples already, at least. At least one in Europe turned into a super spreader event. LOL

There's one large venue in Provincetown that was strict about enforcing vax status and it was fine. No one cared and the line just took a while longer. 

And of course vaccinated people can still have and transmit the disease but the odds are lower than if you're someone who's unvaccinated. So yeah, you can still have an outbreak but it's just not as likely.

It doesn't bother me if a restaurant or venue wants to enforce that. International travel is doing it too - at least to get into the Schengen Zone.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I'm disgusted by the misinformation out there. You seem to be eating it up eagerly. 

I believe in science, this is a science board after all. It's better for society to be vaccinated. Seems like many don't care about the good of your community. Sad. 

Glad I don't live in the hill Billy back woods of CT

Just now, CT Rain said:

There's one large venue in Provincetown that was strict about enforcing vax status and it was fine. No one cared and the line just took a while longer. 

And of course vaccinated people can still have and transmit the disease but the odds are lower than if you're someone who's unvaccinated. So yeah, you can still have an outbreak but it's just not as likely.

It doesn't bother me if a restaurant or venue wants to enforce that. International travel is doing it too - at least to get into the Schengen Zone.

I have no issue with businesses enforcing it either. I have seen very few doing so since it is a terrible business decision, but it's their right to do so.

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm disgusted by the misinformation out there. You seem to be eating it up eagerly. 

I believe in science, this is a science board after all. It's better for society to be vaccinated. Seems like many don't care about the good of your community. Sad. 

If you believed in science, you wouldn't even be posting about this since you are vaccinated, and I have been told repeatedly that the vaccines are nearly 100% effective at preventing serious infection. You seem really concerned that everyone else get vaccinated to help out your own vaccine, though.

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

That’s all your opinion . You are entitled . Do and believe as you see fit . The unvaxxed do the same. My suggestion would simply to be get on with life. It’s been over for a long time 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You can just picture tears steaming down faces as they post about the unvaxxed killing the world . Crying towels soaked in tears 

Some of them definitely have buyer's remorse. They got the vaccination due to peer pressure and fear of restrictions and are pissed off millions of people didn't get the jab and are fine and still able to do whatever they want.

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Some of them definitely have buyer's remorse. They got the vaccination due to peer pressure and fear of restrictions and are pissed off millions of people didn't get the jab and are fine and still able to do whatever they want.

I also believe.. and again just my opinion.. that some folks that got the shot are somewhat scared about possible ramifications in the future. Taunton Blizz mentioned that 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

13k+ new cases and 148 deaths in Florida.  They started surging in earnest just a couple weeks ago so at least expect the avg daily deaths to get worse before they get better.

I just left Florida and the bodies were definitely stacking up. Some had floated past me into the ocean as I sat on the beach too. Keep us posted as this develops.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have no issue with businesses enforcing it either. I have seen very few doing so since it is a terrible business decision, but it's their right to do so.

Yeah I think it depends on where. In Provincetown, MA which is probably one of the most liberal towns in America it's certainly not an issue. 

I do think international travel is going to have vax requirements for quite some time though. 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I just left Florida and the bodies were definitely stacking up. Some had floated past me into the ocean as I sat on the beach too. Keep us posted as this develops.

Would be interesting to see an age breakdown of deaths in FL.  Obviously a very large senior population but you'd assume at least 3/4 of them have been vaccinated.

5 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

But thanks to fox News and Facebook somehow a life saving vaccine is communism. 

Demented. 

Mattapan has a 75% population of AA. It has the lowest vax rate in all of Boston. Somehow I just don’t see those folks taking there marching orders from Fox News and Facebook conspiracy sites.

Im so conservative on sone things I make Atilla the Hun look left wing and I’m a staunch advocate for vaccines. I know a ton of Trump voters who were first in line. Vaccine hesitancy is on both sides. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Mattapan has a 75% population of AA. It has the lowest vax rate in all of Boston. Somehow I just don’t see those folks taking there marching orders from Fox News and Facebook conspiracy sites.

Im so conservative on sone things I make Atilla the Hun look left wing and I’m a staunch advocate for vaccines. I know a ton of Trump voters who were first in line. Vaccine hesitancy is on both sides. 

The Boomers who love Trump and watch Fox News are vaccinated. All the ones in my family are, at least.