Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

29 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Emotional day upcoming tomorrow as I head to Mystic with my wife  and her family to  spread her dads ashes out in Block Island Sound.  It’s been a few months since he passed  and we’ve been waiting till the summer to do this,  it’s going to a small ceremony but family is coming from all over the northeast.  

Taking a boat out?

35 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Kinda hard to believe that national average cases per day were not that far above 10k as recently as late June.  

Not necessarily shocking to see rising numbers, but if you expected it to increase this much this fast, good for you but you're probably lying.  Fwiw, the highest daily case number in the 2020 summer surge was near 80k.  May beat that at some point at the rate things are going.  Yeah, things are more open now, but the southern US in particular wasn't exactly locked down nor having severe restrictions in the summer of 2020.  I'm not sure how much more "open" they are now compared to last year at this time.

Screenshot_20210723-194126.thumb.png.dce35c49312013bed55b99566970fe1f.png

Many states only report once a week now

The US had a 7-day average of 23,996 new COVID-19 cases and 227 deaths as of July 18th. 

One of my closer college buddies … so years gone by. Know his family pretty well. 

Dad died 10 days ago after a short battle with as yet unknown. Wasn’t the C word. 

First parent of my immediate generation and spheres of friends is sobering. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Condolences. Thats where my ashes are going. Off the Weekapaug Breach way for half and my buds are taking the other half up the White Heat chair at Sunday River

Thanks.  Pretty sure I told the story over last year.  Diagnosed with glioblastoma last March just as Covid took hold.  Was on chemo/radiation for sometime to extend his life some.  Made it through the holidays but after the new year it was apparent those were no longer working and he passed on February 24th with my wife her sister and their mother by his side.  

I’m not really aware of the whole arrangement but I’m sure it’ll be nice.  Weather looks to cooperate.

it’s morbid to think/accept our own mortality and to take ownership of it.  It’s nice that you’ve set up how you want to be memorialized. While I’ve had a decade to settle into my mortality, I haven’t set up the details of how/where I want my ashes laid.  

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wut? Why didn't you text me. Cold beer, warm pool and whatever else you wanted. Sorry about Unc, man that sucks. Where were you in Moosup 

Too hungover haha. Wedding in Haddam. So I went right by your hood. I had never even been remotely close to that area before. I would have loved to see you. Next time

29 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Except he may have some liability fair or not.  Refer to the legal team

25 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

If only it was that easy. Business owners have enormous liability. I carry many tens of millions of dollars in insurance. 

I get that… but if you are outside during a thunderstorm and a tree branch falls and hits you, am I liable because it was on my property? Should we just level all the worlds trees to avoid that?

You can sue anyone for anything, I just have a hard time believing this person will be able to prove negligence. (Granted I really don’t know what it is, but I’m guessing it’s silly)

39 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Is this serious? I wouldn’t even entertain that… I’d tell him/her to pound sand.

Unfortunately it’s not about him entertaining it. His insurance company will calculate whether it’s less expansive to settle or fight the lawsuit.