Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

23 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These boards have always had content police. Like wxtrix in the MA forum. It’s a control freak thing I think. Like eavesdropping at a crowded restaurant and complaining to the manager about what you heard. 

True it’s not COVID per se, it’s the same takes every day.  Hopefully something new comes about.  Some new studies or something to talk about.

”Get the vaccine.”

”No.” 

“Get the vaccine.”

”No.”

”It’s your fault.”

No it’s your fault.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think a lot of the anxiousness around here is the fear of statewide mask mandates coming back. The shutdowns and restrictions on capacity are over. But the mask thing is all the politicians have left they can use to show “they are doing something”. Personally I wouldn’t wear one at this point anywhere even if he said so. No business ever really threw me out before. They’re sure not going to if it came back. A few might but I wouldnt shop there. My issue is my kids in school having to wear them all day. Both of mine are vaxed. I didn’t have them vaxed to wear masks all day. Fook that. And I’d hate to go back to wearing one at work. Did that for a year. I’m done with that. My whole department is vaxed and those that in our buildings that aren’t  have to wear a mask and get COVID tested every Wednesday. 
So yea, I think there’s a ton of anxious, vaxed people afraid they will have to go back to a face diaper.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I think a lot of the anxiousness around here is the fear of statewide mask mandates coming back. The shutdowns and restrictions on capacity are over. But the mask thing is all the politicians have left they can use to show “they are doing something”. Personally I wouldn’t wear one at this point anywhere even if he said so. No business ever really threw me out before. They’re sure not going to if it came back. A few might but I wouldnt shop there. My issue is my kids in school having to wear them all day. Both of mine are vaxed. I didn’t have them vaxed to wear masks all day. Fook that. And I’d hate to go back to wearing one at work. Did that for a year. I’m done with that. My whole department is vaxed and those that in our buildings that aren’t  have to wear a mask and get COVID tested every Wednesday. 
So yea, I think there’s a ton of anxious, vaxed people afraid they will have to go back to a face diaper.

mask anxiousness is so lol and weak.. All gut feeling that I hate having will be anxiousness for women who catch this variant/s for more fertility issues. brain fog/memory loss is real.  Energy drainage.. attack of respiratory and nervous systems. There are reasons unknown why the hoax folks are now pushing getting the vaccine asap.  This feels Karmic. we all know what happened during the final waves of the Spanish Flu

• Weenie 1

Just now, UMB WX said:

mask anxiousness is so lol and weak.. All gut feeling that I hate having will be anxiousness for women who catch this variant/s for more fertility issues. brain fog/memory loss is real.  Energy drainage.. attack of respiratory and nervous systems. There are reasons unknown why the hoax folks are nor pushing getting the vaccine asap.  This feels Karmic. we all know what happened during the final waves of the Spanish Flu

I think for you COVID is 99.9% political. The little camps you have everyone in and the groups that will suffer the karmic justice are all based on political affiliation.

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

I think for you COVID is 99.9% political. The little camps you have everyone in and the groups that will suffer the karmic justice are all based on political affiliation.

Fair assumption but wrong.  Time will tell buddy.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s mind boggling that anyone is legitimately scared or concerned about Covid . Vax or unvax lol It ended so many months ago. 

I know a few people who ended up in the hospital.  Covid was real and it might still be out there.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s mind boggling that anyone is legitimately scared or concerned about Covid . Vax or unvax lol It ended so many months ago. 

I’m not scared or concerned. I just object to working all day in the lab with my damn glasses fogged up again and not being able to breathe freely. And my kids sitting in class masked up for 6-7 hours a day. Hopefully it won’t happen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s foolish to think that it’s entirely over and it’s nothing to be concerned about, as well as that the next waves to come will be as bad as the previous ones. The truth lies somewhere in middle. 

Hopefully your thoughts on COVID continue to be as accurate as your thoughts on weather.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m not scared or concerned. I just object to working all day in the lab with my damn glasses fogged up again and not being able to breathe freely. And my kids sitting in class makes for 6-7 hours a day. Hopefully it won’t happen. 

I have so many customers in all 6 NE states that are still not allowing visitors. It’s just so bad and laughable what the media and scare tactics have done to this country. This is not the country I grew up in 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have so many customers in all 6 NE states that are still not allowing visitors. It’s just di laughable what the media and scare tactics have done to this country. This is not the country I grew up in 

Dude hundreds of thousands have died in this country . There are no scare tactics.  Covid is real.

13 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

mask anxiousness is so lol and weak.. All gut feeling that I hate having will be anxiousness for women who catch this variant/s for more fertility issues. brain fog/memory loss is real.  Energy drainage.. attack of respiratory and nervous systems. There are reasons unknown why the hoax folks are now pushing getting the vaccine asap.  This feels Karmic. we all know what happened during the final waves of the Spanish Flu

I guess you’ve never worked 8-9 hours a day masked up with safety glasses, with side shields, all fogged up and about to suffocate. With no one else around you for 20 feet. And all because the governor in his cushy office mandated it. 
If you have and you dont mind it, more power to ya. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I guess you’ve never worked 8-9 hours a day masked up with safety glasses, with side shields, all fogged up and about to suffocate. With no one else around you for 20 feet. And all because the governor in his cushy office mandated it. 
If you have and you dont mind it, more power to ya. 

nobody wants mask back and I hope we never reach that point.  But humans remain too stupid for their own good. 

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s mind boggling that the Sox can’t get a hit

Josh Taylor rolled his testicles off the mound there in a wheelbarrow in the 7th.

Rios started the inning, got one out and then walk, hit by pitch, walk bases loaded.  Taylor comes in with that mess and only 1 out and gets out of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Time to send Duran back down.

I still think it’s a tryout before the trade deadline.  I bet they keep him till end of the month.  I still want him up at bat over Franchy.

The Sox are all pressing hard right now.  3 strikeouts this inning and only still going cause of the passed ball.