Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m vaxxed and had covid before getting the vaccine. I’m not really worried about it, I’m worried that my life is once again going to be negatively affected.

Individual choice on the vaccines, but when I am going to be inconvenienced again, yeah I’m not happy.

Yeah that’s the reason why anti vaxxers piss me off so much. Im worried that the increase in covid cases will cause governments to overreact and reinstate mask mandates and social distancing guidelines. I also worry that colleges will move back online. I finally got my life back, I don’t want to be forced to give it back up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m vaxxed and had covid before getting the vaccine. I’m not really worried about it, I’m worried that my life is once again going to be negatively affected.

Individual choice on the vaccines, but when I am going to be inconvenienced again, yeah I’m not happy.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to demand that everyone get a medical procedure done even if they don't want to just because the politicians you voted for want to destroy the economy and society over a virus. You guys are blaming the wrong people. Instead of bothering the unvaccinated, go bother your governor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If someone has had Sars-Cov2 and currently tests high for antibodies, is there any compelling reason why they should get vaccinated?

Because if they don't a politician may decide to shut down society again, I guess?

We need to vaccinate everyone, even the toddlers, forever or else the politicians we elected will destroy our lives! Just get the vax, please!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You hung out with Graham and I know damn well he would not ever get it. We didn’t have to wear masks in the shop ever . Was great 

Yeah didn’t talk about it with him.  Don’t swim up to someone and say “hey man, haven’t seen you in a while, camp looks nice, you get vaxxed?” :lol: Only know my immediate family, which is what I said.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think it's kind of ridiculous to demand that everyone get a medical procedure done even if they don't want to just because the politicians you voted for want to destroy the economy and society over a virus. You guys are blaming the wrong people. Instead of bothering the unvaccinated, go bother your governor.

This has been handled very poorly, by many of the first world countries, in terms of consistent and agreed upon policy.   Confusion reigns supreme.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

That's fine. I say the same thing about people who are 350 lbs, smoke weed all day, are always drunk, and are diabetic by age 27.

Two packs a day and nips for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I’m with you.  Folks can wise up with any number of health things if they want to.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If someone has had Sars-Cov2 and currently tests high for antibodies, is there any compelling reason why they should get vaccinated?

No.  And the testing high for antibodies is irrelevent.  The vaccinated are doing far worse with delta than those with natural immunity*.  

Edit-* with respect to contracting it, not outcomes.  Neither group is having bad outcomes for the most part

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

P-town board of selectmen just voted to put on a mask mandate. Fook.  Cambridge won’t be too far behind I’m afraid. You can bank on Cambridge doing it. They already have an “advisory”.  I’ll be back in a damn mask at work inside a week. :( 

Baker won’t have the sack to say no. He’ll roll over and let them do it. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

P-town board of selectmen just voted to put on a mask mandate. Fook.  Cambridge won’t be too far behind I’m afraid. I’ll be back in a damn mask at work inside a week. :( 

Are they masking up over the cases or deaths? If its over cases they might as well never drop the mandate cause it never gonna go away.

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I never asserted the "vaccines are failing." I know that's a point of intense fear for a lot of you...

I have simply been saying that the casedemic stuff is not going to end even if we vaccinate a bunch more people. There is always going to be a steady stream of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths from just the vaccinated to keep it going.

We need to just get off the treadmill and stop testing.

What did you post about before covid?

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

P-town board of selectmen just voted to put on a mask mandate. Fook.  Cambridge won’t be too far behind I’m afraid. You can bank on Cambridge doing it. They already have an “advisory”.  I’ll be back in a damn mask at work inside a week. :( 

It’s coming, I’m telling y’all. It’s like a bad dream 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

As has been mentioned… Provincetown mask mandates back in effect immediately, over a few hundred cases. Swell

Baker won’t mandate the state I don’t think. Cities and towns will do it. It’ll be like wet and dry counties/towns used to be. Everybody will shop in “no mask” towns. I just dread it at work again. And this time I don’t see what criteria they use to get rid of it. 

17 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Vaccination rates there must be very high. You can't blame this on the unvaccinated.

9 minutes ago, radarman said:

No.  And the testing high for antibodies is irrelevent.  The vaccinated are doing far worse with delta than those with natural immunity*.  

Edit-* with respect to contracting it, not outcomes.  Neither group is having bad outcomes for the most part

If you have had it or just want an IgG or IgG/IgM antibody serology blood test, they are available and relatively inexpensive. 

31 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah that’s the reason why anti vaxxers piss me off so much. Im worried that the increase in covid cases will cause governments to overreact and reinstate mask mandates and social distancing guidelines. I also worry that colleges will move back online. I finally got my life back, I don’t want to be forced to give it back up.

They are not the problem.  You can't blame them because you are worried the government will overreact.  Blame the overreacting government. 

I don't have strong feelings on a lot of issues, but this one is up there to me.  No matter how safe it is, or what the reasoning is, you cannot make someone do something to their body to make your life easier or to make you feel better.  The most basic human freedom is control over your body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If you have had it or just want an IgG or IgG/IgM antibody serology blood test, they are available and relatively inexpensive. 

Lots of studies came out showing higher/longer lasting antibody counts in the blood with the vaccines than with natural immunity.  But the actual cohort studies are not bearing out numbers suggesting natural immunity is faring worse... The opposite really.  There have been hypotheses of other aspects of immunity and/or antibody production on demand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Up here, the Sox/Yankee split used to be pretty close. There were even a number of radio stations in the state that were Yankee affiliates. Of course there was even a small contingent of Expos fans. It seems the Sox have come to dominate in this area. 

Yeah it seems heavily Red Sox.  I can get WEEI broadcasts on 3 stations here but I don't think I've heard a Yankee broadcast while scrolling through looking for a game.  They become more plentiful as you drive towards Albany, ha.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Vaccination rates there must be very high. You can't blame this on the unvaccinated.

Where? P-town? You don’t know much about the tourist towns on the Cape. P-town has about 3000 residents, most are vaxed. Any given weekend there’s upwards of 60-70,000 plus people there from all over Massachusetts and everywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Where? P-town? You don’t know much about the tourist towns on the Cape. P-town has about 3000 residents, most are vaxed. Any given weekend there’s upwards of 60-70,000 plus people there from all over Massachusetts and everywhere else. 

I sure don't.

They are bringing back masks because of tourists?

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The Yankees problem is very clear. They are right handed dominant lineup and the philosophy has been load the lineup with RH HR hitters and wait for the 3run HR. And that philosophy never has and never will win a championship. And that’s all Cashman. He is so in love with power and HR and marquee names , that he loses sight on what actually wins championships. That’s pitching, and defense . Period. This current team doesn’t hit, has zero speed, is the worst in MLB in base running , and the defense has been awful. Mix in guys like Gleybor and Sanchez just not being the players we thought they were, covid , injuries and a one dimensional team..well the results speak for themselves. You’re left with a fairly inept .500 team 

I thought some of their problem might’ve been having guys out on C19 protocols 

25 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Let idiots die. After almost two years of this bullshit, they deserve it if they haven't wised up.

Anti vaxxers piss me off but I still don’t want to see them die. I’m just going to say it, anti vaxxers are Republican. Even Trump admitted that most anti vaxxers voted for him, and encouraged his supporters who are skeptical to get vaccinated. I don’t have anything against Republicans, hell I even lean conservative myself so I understand where they are coming from with being skeptical of the government. People see all these breakthrough cases, hear about the side effects, ect. These are real things, but people don’t dig deeper and look at the breakthrough cases and look at the percentage of total cases that are breakthrough cases, the percentage of people who get severe side effects, the percentage of breakthrough cases people get hospitalized for, death ect. If you know someone personally who got really sick even though they got vaccinated or had severe side effects then it’s understandable why they might be skeptical. When people close to you are getting hurt it can be very hard to think logically. Instead of putting these people down a better approach would be to try to educate them. Just to be clear I’m not saying every Republican is an anti vaxxer, I have an uncle who is a very strong Republican who voted for Trump twice, and is a conspiracy theorist, yet he got vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They are not the problem.  You can't blame them because you are worried the government will overreact.  Blame the overreacting government. 

I don't have strong feelings on a lot of issues, but this one is up there to me.  No matter how safe it is, or what the reasoning is, you cannot make someone do something to their body to make your life easier or to make you feel better.  The most basic human freedom is control over your body.

It certainly seems like someone out there really wants to start a vaxxed vs unvaxxed fight, doesn't it? Dovetails nicely with the politics and some of the social justice stuff too, unfortunately.

Media clicks are definitely part of it. With Trump out of the picture, the major outlets need something to lead with now. The "fight" against the new bogeyman of the unvaxxed is it, it seems.