• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect
Met Summer Banter

While vaccinations still appear to reduce a person’s overall risk of catching the delta variant, research published Friday by Public Health England (PHE) found early evidence that people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may be able to transmit the hyper infectious strain just as easily as those who aren’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that's been my experience, anyone I know associated at all to the medical field has gotten it, from first responders to nurses to hospital staff to primary care offices, family, family friend's in the field, etc.  There's no doubt you can find some or a couple if you look for them by I'd wager the vast, vast majority have gotten the vaccination working in those settings.

Is there a medical professional on this forum who hasn't?

my wife is a doctor and she and every doctor she/we know has gotten the vax...however, a not insignificant portion of the staff have not...i'm not sure what their plan is with that going forward...

• Thanks 1

Just now, kdxken said:

While vaccinations still appear to reduce a person’s overall risk of catching the delta variant, research published Friday by Public Health England (PHE) found early evidence that people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may be able to transmit the hyper infectious strain just as easily as those who aren’t. 

It has to be getting hard for the diehard "just force-vax everyone to end this" people to be ignoring the growing evidence that the narrative has collapsed. We aren't vaccinating our way out of a zero-COVID policy.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Hundreds of thousands?   You have a link to this horseshit?  I know a lot of doctors and nurses across the country.  Near 100% vaccination rate among them.   I love you but stop selling.

NAM run comes out with 1-3" grazing the coast but someone thinks its really "signaling" 6-12 back to "the river."

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

From your perspective. 

We opened up this Country in April/May and look what that brought us.  You think that policy works or worked?  I think we rushed things on a National level because the political push to open things up was over-whelming. We're now having to backtrack that policy based up rising cases, and now rising hospitalizations and deaths.  Had it only been cases rising, I think things would be different.  Cases are a leading indicator by a few weeks.  States that have higher vaccination rates are showing that the higher case loads do not lead to a spike in hospitalizations or deaths.  Again, play it conservative for a bit longer to see how things shake out.

If you look at other countries where delta peaked, it took 7-8 weeks from valley to peak then the drop. If it holds here, which I think it will, we should peak around the first week of September, lat week of august. 

• Like 1

Just now, kdxken said:

And Phin thins we don't know this.

• Haha 1

Just now, MacChump said:

my wife is a doctor and she and every doctor she/we know has gotten the vax...however, a not insignificant portion of the staff have not...i'm not sure what their plan is with that going forward...

Curious if you mean medical staff or other staff?  I know like Nursing Homes had a huge issue not with their medical staff but others who work there... admin, custodial, maintenance, etc.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

What does age have to do with lives that know can be saved from a vaccine?

I don't really believe any of you actually care about some fat idiot in LA dying because he refused the vaccine. That's not what this is about at all. Those guys were at risk in April as well and no one cared.

• Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Curious if you mean medical staff or other staff?  I know like Nursing Homes had a huge issue not with their medical staff but others who work there... admin, custodial, maintenance, etc.

mostly the admin staff is my understanding 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Quick question guys cause it bugging me.

Why couldnt people pay rent when everyone who got laid off cause of covid collected and got extra $600 a week?

I have a very nice and wonderful friend who owns a 5 apt complex and has gotten screwed over . She still has to pay her mortgage and taxes and the CT dispersal of assistance is a joke. She was actually on local news placing a call to the assistance hotline on TV. She was caller 882 and the wait time was 4000 minutes. Yes that's exactly what the line said on TV. This was the day after on the same channel the state director of housing said it was all going smoothly. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

You are refusing to see the next logical conclusion that comes from that. If the vaccinated can still spread the virus, how does force-vaxxing the universe end the casedemic?

The more people that are vaxed, the "spread" wont matter. There will be fewer people to actually get infected and fewer and fewer vectors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Medical professionals need to get the vaccine because they work closely with sick and vulnerable people. That's part of the job.

Not only that but they trust medicine.  They trust the process.  Just as they dispense prescriptions to people and schedule procedures, many that have side effects.  Medical professionals trust the process.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I have a very nice and wonderful friend who own a 5 apt complex and has gotten screwed over . She still has to pay her mortgage and taxes and the CT dispersal of assistance is a joke. She was actually on local news placing a call to the assistance holiness on TV. She was caller 612 and the wait time was 24000 minutes. Yes that's exactly what the line said on TV. This was the day after on the same channel the state director of housing said it was all going smoothly. 

Big hedge funds and banks are buying up tons of property and then renting it out. There is a big push to turn America into a country of renters with a handful of large, government-backed landlords. Smaller landlords have to go in that scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The more people that are vaxed, the "spread" wont matter. There will be fewer people to actually get infected and fewer and fewer vectors.

At some unachievable panacea level where the world is fully vaccinated with boosters every six months, yes.

This is not a sterilizing vaccine that makes you immune for life. It's already showing signs of being like the flu vaccine.

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If you look at other countries where delta peaked, it took 7-8 weeks from valley to peak then the drop. If it holds here, which I think it will, we should peak around the first week of September, lat week of august. 

That seems like a decent estimate nationally.  The wild card is schools reopening and remains to be seen if that could make the peak more flattish/prolonged instead of a quick plunge.  Will be interesting to watch the case trends in the northern states though, because seasonality may want to start kicking in around the time that this wave would naturally be heading downward.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Big hedge funds and banks are buying up tons of property and then renting it out. There is a big push to turn America into a country of renters with a handful of large, government-backed landlords. Smaller landlords have to go in that scenario.

Private equity is buying all the medical practices.   I remember having the thought after talking with a friend who got a fat payday from selling to private equity “damn...should have stayed private...”. But that should be taken tongue in cheek.   I found caring for vets extremely rewarding-really a wonderful cohort of people overall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sorry it was caller 882 and 4070 minutes. Jen is a great landlord as well. The tenants that screwed her all collected 600 extra for the entire time as well.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/local-landlord-struggling-to-file-for-pandemic-driven-rental-assistance/article_13629fdc-cd4e-11eb-89fe-8f22cf44325c.html

Just now, PhineasC said:

You are refusing to see the next logical conclusion that comes from that. If the vaccinated can still spread the virus, how does force-vaxxing the universe end the casedemic?

Because deaths and hospitalizations will be dropping due to the fact that we know there is a correlation to being vaccinated and there being a low risk of those 2 subsequent effects occurring.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Because deaths and hospitalizations will be dropping due to the fact that we know there is a correlation to being vaccinated and there being a low risk of those 2 subsequent effects occurring.

We are not seeing the restrictions end in countries such as Israel. They are ramping them back up over cases.

It could end up being different here, but in reality we seem to just be following behind these other countries as we approach fall.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yep, the CDC guidelines and guidance from the WH carry a lot of weight because they provide top cover. This also makes it riskier as a high-profile business or organization to go against the grain.

The headline would say:

"Major MA lab flouts CDC guidelines and pays the price with local COVID outbreak."

That's why I am just shaking my head at people who think the CDC is making the right call or that higher vaccination rates will magically fix this mentality.

Higher vaccination rates allow for a verifiable decoupling of cases vs. deaths here in the US and allows for policy to change accordingly. The Media is doing an extremely poor job of communicating that information to the public, and the Provincetown cluster was the perfect example. The story SHOULD have been that because individuals in the group were vaccinated, that mortality was eliminated. Instead the messaging has been focused on the fact that vaccinated individuals are being infected (while ignoring severity of sickness), which only further muddies the water for those who are hesitant to receive the vaccine, or further emboldens anti-vaxxers unscientific and unsubstantiated claims. 

Enjoying the summer here in Boston which has been business as usual for 4 months. No masks, no problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That's my hope was well. 

• Like 1