joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

16 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

How bout them Yankees.

:lol:

Regression to the mean.  We usually say "Mother Nature loves her averages" on the weather side... here's the baseball version.

It's like getting a completely shit winter, that's followed up with storm after storm of over-performers the next winter. Or vice versa depending on your team of preference.

Untitled3.jpg.0fa2a507adb825840d489a89d8675a25.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It’s a damn shame. 

As a Redsox fan I dont feel bad haha. Although if I was a Yankees fan I would honestly be ok with selling at the deadline. It just not the year for them, and now with the covid issues on the team. They needed to come out strong after the break. Instead they got worst and didnt even have to play games.

5 hours ago, natedizel said:

As a Redsox fan I dont feel bad haha. Although if I was a Yankees fan I would honestly be ok with selling at the deadline. It just not the year for them, and now with the covid issues on the team. They needed to come out strong after the break. Instead they got worst and didnt even have to play games.

I wasnt serious. :)

I loathe the Yankees like a boil on my backside. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

We need Billy Martin back, fuk the analytics people.  Who the hell bats Odor 3rd with a 211 BA.  Someone needs to kick some ass

To be fair he had one of the highest averages of your starters yesterday. :lol:

D. LeMahieu .270

G. Stanton .266

R. Odor .219

G. Sanchez .215

G. Torres .237

B. Gardner .190

C. Gittens .091

T. Amburgey .000

T. Locastro .180

• Like 2

Just now, dendrite said:

To be fair he had one of the highest averages of your starters yesterday. :lol:

D. LeMahieu .270

G. Stanton .266

R. Odor .219

G. Sanchez .215

G. Torres .237

B. Gardner .190

C. Gittens .091

T. Amburgey .000

T. Locastro .180

Sad times. Congrats on another WS

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

It's time to say bye to Cashman. New blood and new thoughts are needed. It blows my mind that you guys have only 1 title since 2000.

Time to say goodbye to Hal too. Love him or hate him George had that win at all costs mentality and passion for the game itself. Hal is only running this team because he inherited it. He only wants to stay profitable. Time to sell the team.

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Watch NY bring back restrictions and masks.

I doubt it. 
Another blog or 2 I’m on has people sending the Mass gov emails everyday wanting masks and restrictions back. Another guy said he and his wife have only been out of the house twice since March…..of 2020!!  And that was to get vaxed. The still disinfect the pea pod and Amazon boxes. There’s still a ton of fear out there that wont end. I’d hate to live life that way. Mentally unstable. 

• Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I doubt it. 
Another blog or 2 I’m on has people sending the Mass gov emails everyday wanting masks and restrictions back. Another guy said he and his wife have only been out of the house twice since March…..of 2020!!  And that was to get vaxed. The still disinfect the pea pod and Amazon boxes. There’s still a ton of fear out there that wont end. I’d hate to live life that way. Mentally unstable. 

We went into Boston yesterday for the first time since Feb 2020 to the science museum.  On the museum website they said the “recommended “ mask wearing.   I did that (wore one) not knowing what it would be like inside.  Most had them on.   Felt odd.  Other than a quick trip into my doctor’s office it was my first time wearing a mask since mid June at work. 
I’m hoping this slight increase doesn’t cancel my upcoming trip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I doubt it. 

Just kill me now

1 hour ago, natedizel said:

Just kill me now

Yea, I don’t get it. People like that were probably a little off anyway.  This just pushed them over the edge. Sad really. Some people will never be able to live and enjoy life again. That’s not hyperbole either. 
I hated my psychiatric rotation in school. Really depressing to see how messed up some people can get. I couldn’t deal with it. Longest month of my schooling.

18 hours ago, natedizel said:

They got enough anchors in unmovable contracts to sink a ship .

30 minutes ago, kdxken said:

They got enough anchors in unmovable contracts to sink a ship .

Who besides Stanton and Cole?   Stanton’s is $5M less since the Marlins pay that much back tl

tje Yankees through 2028 I think-with any luck I’ll be in my 80s!

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Who besides Stanton and Cole?   Stanton’s is $5M less since the Marlins pay that much back tl

tje Yankees through 2028 I think-with any luck I’ll be in my 80s!

How much are Stanton and Colecombined? A half a billion?

Aroldis Chapman, Zack Britton have no trade causes.

29 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How much are Stanton and Colecombined? A half a billion?

Aroldis Chapman, Zack Britton have no trade causes.

Unless they approve.  Who wouldn’t move from this misery?  You could argue the equivalence to Sale and Eovaldi.  This year’s working out for Eovaldi, last year not so much-2 years left..