June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

55 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The convective burst around 1am last night was excellent. It actually looked like a classic TC genesis signal on IR and radar IMO but the low was still tied to the front.

Man I love tracking tropical. 

39480123.gif?0.7030535031327539

That little critter popped out of nowhere!

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Haha KTOL1k reporting 1.35” so far. Stein is in scuba gear there.

My father said the lake/pond they are on in North Woodstock CT is the highest it’s been in a very long time.  Almost up to the bottom of the docks.  Kids can usually swim under the docks with 18” of clearance lol.

No Stein there in NE CT.

Just now, powderfreak said:

My father said the lake/pond they are on in North Woodstock CT is the highest it’s been in a very long time.  Almost up to the bottom of the docks.  Kids can usually swim under the docks with 18” of clearance lol.

No Stein there in NE CT.

Maybe that’s why he left the board? Or was it that day where he got called out for declaring a high of 66° a summer day?

Just now, dendrite said:

Maybe that’s why he left the board? Or was it that day where he got called out for declaring a high of 66° a summer day?

:lol: Not much to complain or hype about right now.  Always says he hates watering the lawn but he loved Stein like a father.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

rain fail here. Yards looking like dust bowls, wells going dry, families packing up and moving south

no surprise. Every time local mets say it's going to rain or shwr, I jokingly tell my wife "yeah right". Supposed to get some chances tomorrow too, but I'm sure they'll fizzle and/or miss too. 0.14" for the month so far

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

With all these new bird feeders around the house I am figuring out they are great indicators of rain. Man they eat like crazy before and during rain.

2 baby woodpeckers are just slamming the suet along with finches, wrens, orioles, bluebirds, cat birds, blackbirds,cardinals, blackbirds and a f in squirrel.  Interesting morning of activity. I made suet out of ground cherries and cuties oranges. Man what a hit

20210614_113004.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 baby woodpeckers are just slamming the suet along with finches, wrens, orioles, bluebirds, cat birds, blackbirds,cardinals, blackbirds and a f in squirrel.  Interesting morning of activity. I made suet out of ground cherries and cuties oranges. Man what a hit

20210614_113004.jpg

I ditched the shelled BOSS for just sunflower hearts and will never go back. I get a lot more different birds now and none of the mess. You pay a little more, but it's not really that much more since a lot of the weight of shelled ones is waste.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I ditched the shelled BOSS for just sunflower hearts and will never go back. I get a lot more different birds now and none of the mess. You pay a little more, but it's not really that much more since a lot of the weight of shelled ones is waste.

Will try in the one feeder that is messy. But what I noticed is the doves and nut hatches love to ground pick under the messy one.