Total Members
    Most Online
    Virtual Bible Study
    Newest Member
    Virtual Bible Study
May Discobs 2021

George BM

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Looks like a trend towards warm and quite humid mid to late week, with some thunderstorm chances Thu-Fri, then more heat- maybe 90 next weekend with an amplifying upper ridge building in.

Good. My tomatoes aren't liking this weather.

• Like 2

48F. My flowering tropical plants are not happy at all. The hummingbirds aren't  either. I moved the hummingbird feeders out of the rain and wind, and surprisingly they found the new location of pretty quickly. And I'm switching the feeder every 3 hours, (one inside to warm it up). 

• Like 1

Looks like the rain will be much more scattered and generally light after this morning, other than right near/along the coast. That last heavier batch of rain *should* miss most places inland.

Sorry beach goers. Tomorrow looks decent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bodhi Cove said:

48F. My flowering tropical plants are not happy at all. The hummingbirds aren't  either. I moved the hummingbird feeders out of the rain and wind, and surprisingly they found the new location of pretty quickly. And I'm switching the feeder every 3 hours, (one inside to warm it up). 

No need to warm it up -- ruby throats love the cold nectar!  My tropicals are also not liking this crap weather. 

Looks like another day locked in the low 50s. Looking forward to finally seeing sun tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

No need to warm it up -- ruby throats love the cold nectar!  My tropicals are also not liking this crap weather. 

Looks like another day locked in the low 50s. Looking forward to finally seeing sun tomorrow.

Ha! Tell that to the female hummer who flies out of the tree, b-lines straight to me and starts drinking the nectar out of the feeder before I've even had a chance to switch it out. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Bodhi Cove said:

Ha! Tell that to the female hummer who flies out of the tree, b-lines straight to me and starts drinking the nectar out of the feeder before I've even had a chance to switch it out. 

:lol:

Love when they do that, or when I go out on the deck and they fly right to 1-2 feet from my face and eyeball me like they're saying "what are you doing on our deck?"  Funny little buggers

Can't believe we are looking at muggy and 80s with thunderstorms in a couple days

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This is easily the worst two day stretch of memorial day weekend weather I have ever been around - factoring in the cold on top of the rain. 

It is pretty shit. Needed the rain, but damn. Can't do a thing outside in this.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It is pretty shit. Needed the rain, but damn. Can't do a thing outside in this.

Amazing how some folks were convinced a drought may be near, including myself. Yet,  in a period of a few days extensive,  needed rainfall fell in many areas . Also, later in the week looks wet as well. 

Interesting to note,  despite the clouds and temps  recently surf zone temps continue to increase.  Of course it is still chilly,  but moving towards acceptable in a few weeks, fingers crossed.  

9 minutes ago, frd said:

Amazing how some folks were convinced a drought may be near, including myself. Yet,  in a period of a few days extensive,  needed rainfall fell in many areas . Also, later in the week looks wet as well. 

Interesting to note,  despite the clouds and temps  recently surf zone temps continue to increase.  Of course it is still chilly,  but moving towards acceptable in a few weeks, fingers crossed.  

Interesting look, with HP off the coast and that energy dropping in- should get some juice up here with the SW flow. Could be some decent storms Thursday into Friday.

gfs_z500a_us_16.png

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Interesting look, with HP off the coast and that energy dropping in- should get some juice up here with the SW flow. Could be some decent storms Thursday into Friday.

gfs_z500a_us_16.png

Yes, it looks potentially active. Will cut the grass on Tuesday.  

588 heights near Bermuda extending West a bit and that energy rotating our way...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic