Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 15-16 interior snow threat

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro east with the mid level lows. Crushes Kev to Ray.

That is just a ridiculous solution. The rate of deepening on the midlevels is insane. It's like a cross between 12/9/05 and May 1977.

• Thanks 1

The lead up to this system is reminding me of the fall system just last year. 

3 days out: "oh hey. nice storm. too bad it's not 6 weeks from now. Some elevated snows."

2 days out: "drifting southeast, wrapping cold air in, maybe everyone sees flakes."

1 day out: "we're so close to a region wide crippling event."

day of: "What is BOX doing? Why haven't they hoisted warnings? are they even looking at the models."

Actual event: "oh hey. nice storm. too bad it wasn't 6 weeks from now. Cool that elevation got snow though."

• Like 4

On 4/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, Chrisrotary12 said:

I wonder if we see a correction that direction in the coming days (at least a little bit). I feel like we are right in the window of modeling guidance where it over corrects on wrapping up these coastal lows. You know the period of "OMG it's going to stall and loop south of ACK".

Then when the actual event happens its always more progressive and never actually stalls or loops.

By the way....final got there. Although not perfectly, still wraps up, just further east for now. In the modeling guidance at least. We'll see what she actually does.