Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 15-16 interior snow threat

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than Reggie.. everything is a go for accumulating snow here 

Gfs wasn’t much there. You need to look at what the mid levels are doing and not clown maps. We still have disagreement, but I’d say 2-3” looks probable there for the time being. Could go up. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs wasn’t much there. You need to look at what the mid levels are doing and not clown maps. We still have disagreement, but I’d say 2-3” looks probable there for the time being. Could go up. 

I’m thinking 4” or so for now. If Euro , NAM, HRRR are right we snap every tree . But it’s hard to believe that yet 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

NAM is just all out Phil for the whole region. Tough to buy that, but getting more likely :damage: is coming to Dave.

Thinking we get a few here.. Back in October I was sledding with my kid then drove to amherst and there was almost nothing.. I was telling the lady at Cumberland farms how we just went sledding.. She goes there's no snow.. So I said just drive up the road a few miles it was a big difference..

34 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I want to see him pick up trim limbs in his yard! Lol The trend all week has been ticks SE so I think many in Central Mass, NE CT,  have a good chance at 3-6. 

3-6” is certainly possible. The models we’ve trusted the most over the years show that and then some . The Euro midlevels look fantastic and argue for more. For now thinking is about 4”. If 12z continues to stay the course then we up. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3-6” is certainly possible. The models we’ve trusted the most over the years show that and then some . The Euro midlevels look fantastic and argue for more. For now thinking is about 4”. If 12z continues to stay the course then we up. 

They don't for you, but you need to get into the band or it is not much.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Got to look past the clowns. Some of the models are dropping 10:1 snow there with 925 temps barely above 0C and temps near 35 for you.

Understood but what you look at is the banding signals . They’ve all shown the same area. I’m not looking at amounts. If I was , I’d be thinking 6-12”. They’ve all shown that spine sw of ORH down thru here down to Hebron as a mini Jack. That’s the takeaway 

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was half joking last nite but can this Low dumbell out so wide right before it's approach north that it misses wide right. I mean i'm not saying that will happen but the Nam was close at 6z

Yes. My worry is actually we get the initial band of precip around 00z to 09z late Thursday/early Friday and then it shuts off because the main stuff is offshore and then it backs in from the east but it does so up north because it whiffs us with the wide turn. 

The initial dryslot is going to punch in from the southwest and then it will try and stall as the precip starts moving in from the east with the upper low closing off south of us. But if that happens too late, then you miss out on the goodies. That’s why I was telling Kevin yesterday that I was worried about slotting down in CT and not wanting to trade too much latitude. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Understood but what you look at is the banding signals . They’ve all shown the same area. I’m not looking at amounts. If I was , I’d be thinking 6-12”. They’ve all shown that spine sw of ORH down thru here down to Hebron as a mini Jack. That’s the takeaway 

It’s all over though on each model. Nothing is locked. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. My worry is actually we get the initial band of precip around 00z to 09z late Thursday/early Friday and then it shuts off because the main stuff is offshore and then it backs in from the east but it does so up north because it whiffs us with the wide turn. 

The initial dryslot is going to punch in from the southwest and then it will try and stall as the precip starts moving in from the east with the upper low closing off south of us. But if that happens too late, then you miss out on the goodies. That’s why I was telling Kevin yesterday that I was worried about slotting down in CT and not wanting to trade too much latitude. 

Nam showed that to the west and southwest. I still feel like it’s an outlier, but something to watch if you are hoping for snow. Still think mostly liquid here so it won’t matter much locally. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That would fit the persistence side of forecasting and Stein’s webbed hands involved

• Weenie 5