Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a look at the Euro QPF map...can't say I'm not slightly dissapointed by last night's run, but it's still very close to a moderate event up here. Looks to be quite a tight QPF gradient, so a 30-50 mile shift west makes a huge different. Still doable.

Just took a look at the Euro QPF map...can't say I'm not slightly dissapointed by last night's run, but it's still very close to a moderate event up here. Looks to be quite a tight QPF gradient, so a 30-50 mile shift west makes a huge different. Still doable.

Hate to say it, but I'm growing increasingly pessimistic for a significant westward shift, at this point.

Looks like 09z SREFs came west a little. Not a surprise considering how far east they were.

Yeah they must have some more amped up members in there because the qpf contours are definitely a bit west. The 03z run barely got 0.25" to here, and the 09z gets it a bit W of here and into E CT. 0.50" goes from near the CC Canal at 03z to near BOS at 09z. The 1 inch line goes form way out in the ocean at 03z to almost kissing ACK/CHH at 09z.

I need a benchmark for what you term "insane". Us CCodder's and Islanders don't even take notice until it's 60+mph. :lol:

People that don't live down near that water don't get it!

Ct rain lol on accums. I'm going to wait for the 12z but I'm thinking I'm going to have to shift the thoughts ive had for days 20 or so miles east maybe with the sharp .5 towards ktan? But will reserve judgement for a bit.

Convergence on a course outside the bm by 10-20 miles seems to be occurring.

Was talking to a silent pro on this board, wants to know how we can talk so much without getting to the heart of the matter/making predictions!

Eh, yeah, I'm probably in the same boat. I'll be happy if I can squeak out advisory at this point.

Saw this coming a mile away.......absolutely knew that the EURO would gradually shift east from that epic run that gave Jaffrey like 3' until it jackpotted the cape.

Sure enough, the trend stopped as soon as it when too far east for my liking.

This is why I was feaking out over what others' deamed to be minor swings......knew this was transpiring and that this is where we would stand.

Oh well.

Saw this coming a mile away.......absolutely knew that the EURO would gradually shift east from that epic run that gave Jaffrey like 3' until it jackpotted the cape.

This is why I was feaking out over what others' deamed to be minor swings......knew this was transpiring and that this is where we would stand.

Oh well.

Yep, agreed. At least we get to enjoy Christmas...any other time of the winter and I'd probably be rip****.

Oh well.

You have 72 hours for even a 30 mile shift in longitude which may increase your snowfall by 6".

Archived