Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People that don't live down near that water don't get it!

Ct rain lol on accums. I'm going to wait for the 12z but I'm thinking I'm going to have to shift the thoughts ive had for days 20 or so miles east maybe with the sharp .5 towards ktan? But will reserve judgement for a bit.

Convergence on a course outside the bm by 10-20 miles seems to be occurring.

Was talking to a silent pro on this board, wants to know how we can talk so much without getting to the heart of the matter/making predictions!

I think making predictions is great but who cares? I mean I threw out numbers but seriously nobody gives a rats arse what I think. Tell your silent Pro we depend on them for accuracy and for making plans. I can go on and on about some Pros forecasts, model huggers abound.

So if the 12 Z GFS goes back to the 0 Z position your thoughts will change again. I think this will come down to one thing, forward speed. As long as this is not hauling ass, dynamics will be off the hook and the CCB will be further NW than modeled, just look at the 6 Z, it really is not much different than0Z , just where the QPF alignment is. This might be a nowcast storm for KeV and me, do not rule out banding to the NW

And in that case, Kevin gets his beer. :)

I think making predictions is great but who cares? I mean I threw out numbers but seriously nobody gives a rats arse what I think. Tell your silent Pro we depend on them for accuracy and for making plans. I can go on and on about some Pros forecasts, model huggers abound.

I think some don't understand how we can have 100 page threads on storms without getting to the heart of it. I don't think they fully understand the enthusiasm or the addiction that this all becomes.

The new NAM looks very good I think, very encouraging to see. Changes for the worse probably cancel.

I hope the NAM doesn't take away the 1-2" it's had for me for the last many runs. It's been very consisten with that , while the GFS has gone from mountains to zilch to in-between.

At least with 2" I won't need to break out the snowblower; 3+ is my threshold for that (though I even find that kinda wimpy of me).

But I thought he hasn't gotten 1 storm right in the last 2 years?

When you come down 84 today..look to your right after you pass exit 68..really between 68 and 67..and there's a tower way up on the hill there ..That's the highest point in town..1100 feet.It's weenie hill where I brought Will,Scooter and GAY..and GAY and Scooter made out there...My hill is the next one over from that tower

Wow what a change on the NAM. Digging energy is much further west, s/w in the gulf is stronger, going to be a nice line of storms saturday morning across the gulf. I'd think the NAM is going to look better on this run/left some.

Make sure not to mention this in the MA threads, you'll get 20 jan 2000's arrowheadsmiley.png

Make sure not to mention this in the MA threads, you'll get 20 jan 2000's arrowheadsmiley.png

I feel really bad for them down there. Energetic group, cruel the way this played out - but they also got two historic storms last winter so it is kind of our turn.

I'm pulling for ski country on this one but not quite getting the love from the NAM yet. Looking better each run but the changes dampen out as the run goes along which is kind of typical. As they are finding down in the M/A often it ends up just being mild moves in one direction or another gradually over many runs.

Archived