Newest Member
    Toothache
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that. Genset already prepped.:thumbsup:

On a more serious note, with a work boat in the water, any guesses on windspeed? Thanks again.

well don't want to go overboard (pun not intended) just yet. i'd say prepare for typical strong nor'easter winds...but know that there's a possibility for something more extreme on the table

It would seem to my amateur wx brain that there's now some fairly good agreement from the models that we will have a powerful but compact ocean low (until it hits the maritimes) that will move somewhere between 50 - 100 miles E of the BM and the heavy qpf could potentially be quite limited mostly to CC and the immediate coast where there will also be the potential for high winds.

Folks inland can wish cast all they want but in reality we need to see a solid 100 mile move west if we are to expect anything more than light snow W. of ORH.

Hi Pete (and Mike and Chris and the other western Mass and ENY crew)! I hope you get more than an inch or three

At least we will have a white Christmas here

Thanks Dave. Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! (Happy Solstice to those hippies out in the hinterlands!)

Honestly if it doesn't snow I won't sulk about it. It will sometime. Far as I know there has never been a winter w/o snow in Greenfield.

yeah we'll see how it evolves. there's still some time for a slightly lesser event but overall i like where things stand.

There does seem to be some fairly good model agreement the past day for a good eastern hit.

I do see one consolation if this ends up (which I doubt) being a complete whiff . It would hopefully reduce model hugging and show that no model is king. Wouldn't that be nice.

I'm getting you a beer if you get 5".

So if the 12 Z GFS goes back to the 0 Z position your thoughts will change again. I think this will come down to one thing, forward speed. As long as this is not hauling ass, dynamics will be off the hook and the CCB will be further NW than modeled, just look at the 6 Z, it really is not much different than0Z , just where the QPF alignment is. This might be a nowcast storm for KeV and me, do not rule out banding to the NW

Archived