Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point it's probably really hard to against a track somewhere right around the benchmark, whether it be just inside it or just outside of it. It's just a matter of what course it takes to get there...does it stay off the coast and take a more northerly turn to get there only giving eastern sections a good shot or doe sit hug the coast a bit more and take a NE turn to get there which would give more of an impact to all of SNE.

TBH, I'd rather it cross the BM heading due N.

TBH, I'd rather it cross the BM heading due N.

Yup this fast flow with the nina and phasing means some vort hangs back or timing with this or that is off = goodbye heavy snow threat

means to me that euro still might be king and its consistency is to be admired. But that DOES NOT mean as much as usual even this close in.

point ......i don't think people would be shocked to see the euro OP have uncharateristic swings over 100 miles tonite or tommorrow. (this close in)

:lol:

hvy hvy paint peeling pellets

don't want to stray way OT but w/out question the best thing regarding the new board is the timely updates/transparency etc. when stuff is happening. you guys are doing a nice job.

Yeah...that was one of our main goals when we pulled this together. People deserve to see exactly where all of their donations are going and we try to be clear about what we're doing.

At this point it's probably really hard to against a track somewhere right around the benchmark, whether it be just inside it or just outside of it. It's just a matter of what course it takes to get there...does it stay off the coast and take a more northerly turn to get there only giving eastern sections a good shot or doe sit hug the coast a bit more and take a NE turn to get there which would give more of an impact to all of SNE.

[/quote

Tonight's GFS and Euro will tell the story..hopefully for a big big hit here in Eastern Mass....the .NAM is garbage...

Yup this fast flow with the nina and phasing means some vort hangs back or timing with this or that is off = goodbye heavy snow threat

means to me that euro still might be king and its consistency is to be admired. But that DOES NOT mean as much as usual even this close in.

point ......i don't think people would be shocked to see the euro OP have uncharateristic swings over 100 miles tonite or tommorrow. (this close in)

No offense but it seems you have no idea of what you're talking about. The pattern is anything BUT Ninaesque.

Is this a joke, nina?

Have you seen what just happened in the sw conus?

This CURRENT pattern is nothing like a nina, it resembles 2010.

Boy DT really bailed on this event. Just read his 650pm pinned post. Yikes!

I like Dave quite a bit, surprised he's tossing the towel in for a lot of the EC already but he's obviously seeing something he doesn't like.

Well it is over IMO for all the EC but Eastern New England.

No offense but it seems you have no idea of what you're talking about. The pattern is anything BUT Ninaesque.

powerful fast moving PAC JET and models having difficulty getting timing down of said swaves coming down ridge (which thankfully is amped up)

i know if not from anything else than reading the board that the extreme blocking and pineapple express effecting S california is def. not nina esque but as per my post i was not referring to that.

i was talking about what i said in the first line and the nina climatology of no KU's i.e great phases) in 117 years when enso region 3.4 is 1c or more cooler than normal. k

i feel like the mood in here has gone down hill big time...

People are just tired. For as much as everyone "claims" they aren't emotionally invested but when you stay up until 130am to look at a model for a storm 4-8 days away you ARE invested.

There's been radio shows, chats, thousands of posts, texts, emails, pm's exchanged over this event and for a huge portion of the membership of the entire board it's a fiasco.

Doesn't change that much really - the NAM I mean, time to sit back and relax and let things play out.

People are just tired. For as much as everyone "claims" they aren't emotionally invested but when you stay up until 130am to look at a model for a storm 4-8 days away you ARE invested.

There's been radio shows, chats, thousands of posts, texts, emails, pm's exchanged over this event and for a huge portion of the membership of the entire board it's a fiasco.

Doesn't change that much really - the NAM I mean, time to sit back and relax and let things play out.

Could not have said it better myself, On to the GFS......lol

Archived