Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are just tired. For as much as everyone "claims" they aren't emotionally invested but when you stay up until 130am to look at a model for a storm 4-8 days away you ARE invested.

There's been radio shows, chats, thousands of posts, texts, emails, pm's exchanged over this event and for a huge portion of the membership of the entire board it's a fiasco.

Doesn't change that much really - the NAM I mean, time to sit back and relax and let things play out.

Did the ambien help??

yeah even slower than 18z which was much slower than 12z. the N stream looks like it is more N/S than NNW/SSE too.

By 12 hours it's sort of more in line with the NAM strength wise but it also has much less noise with the northern stream energy than the NAM does. It looks a tad slower than the 18z run but not much of a difference really.

Ambien has been known to make people eat and not remember it. One woman gained 100 lbs. Her husband always found crumbs around the bed every night and it took awhile for them to figure it out. LOL...

I ate three boxes of girl scout cookies the other night after taking 5mg and posting on this forum. It looked like a bear had broken into the house. I remember none of it.

GFS...well changes continue.

Been away from the computer all day and I see this thread has grown to 62 pages.

What is a realistc scenario for coastal CT? I just need to see some accumulating snowfall. Do I stand a realistic chance? Is the timing prior to nightfall on Sunday?

it all depends on the final track of the storm and also your location western conn may see very little to nothing while eastern connecticut can see alot more and then theres me smack in the middle of the fence.

Certainly don't think I'll make it for the euro tonight...going to be a stretch to make it for the GFS.

Unless the GFS is a crippling blizzard for all of New England, I'm not staying up for the Euro. I stayed up last night, and it was rewarding, but unfortunately any jubilation was smothered by the 12z NAM and the events that followed

You guys still burning the candle for this sad excuse for a KU storm? :)

I was Christmas shopping and mercifully missed all 18z runs. A quick look at the NAM ...looks rough for Halifax.

By 12 hours it's sort of more in line with the NAM strength wise but it also has much less noise with the northern stream energy than the NAM does. It looks a tad slower than the 18z run but not much of a difference really.

Well I see the 18Z GFS is a KU for Cape Cod. This winter could be to CC what last year was to DC.

I may have a Ray style freak out in about 20 mins.

It's so close to pulling together at 30 hours but the alignment is so touchy. The NAM and RGEM collapsed at this point, if the GFS follows suit we'll be able to hear the crickets.

People are just tired. For as much as everyone "claims" they aren't emotionally invested but when you stay up until 130am to look at a model for a storm 4-8 days away you ARE invested.

There's been radio shows, chats, thousands of posts, texts, emails, pm's exchanged over this event and for a huge portion of the membership of the entire board it's a fiasco.

Doesn't change that much really - the NAM I mean, time to sit back and relax and let things play out.

I was on at 2AM this morning...along with 945 other people. Unreal.

Archived