joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow--I had to leave 36h into the 18z NAM, and just got back to take a quick gander at the remainder of it and the 18z gfs. Nice change. In the immortal word of Monty Python--"I'm not Dead Yet". Who knows, maybe we can get some heavier stuff out west. Meanwhile, congrats on that run to you eastern folks. Fun stuff ahead!!!

Anything more than that quick synposis I just typed? Has the Reverend repented???

Here is Harv's call so far and I'd 100% agree.

I'm in moderate to High! And Harv has aged....

I remember talking to him by phone about a month after the 78 blizzard. I came into town to lament my fate for not being here for that fabulous event....THE signature snow event of the last century. So we got about 8 inches of snow in a system that was very much like recent ones....a left hook at the end. I was young....31 in March of 78 and was willing to go on very little sleep. When I spoke to Harvey, he commented on how lucky I was...a profession that was guaranteed to support me reasonably well vs meteorology. The rest is history, Harv probably earns in excess of what I do, and he's among the most respected TV mets around. Of course, I did fine in my own field.......but it's not the same as all of you snow obsessed weenies know...

I will admit that I was looking for a fork with the EC's movement east. My one remaining hope was the post by Will that had the EC ens. over the benchmark, but admittedly that was a lackluster hope.

I'm shocked that Matt Noyes would suggest that it could (note: I did not say would) come further NW. If I end up getting plowable snow from this after the board meltdown I witness (and lightheartedly took part in), this will be a huge but wonderful shocker. Phil just put 'the plowable line' just to my east (if I read it correctly). Hopefully we can get a nudge NW and and wider qpf spread.

Looks like it could be breezy.

I'm in moderate to High! And Harv has aged....

I remember talking to him by phone about a month after the 78 blizzard. I came into town to lament my fate for not being here for that fabulous event....THE signature snow event of the last century. So we got about 8 inches of snow in a system that was very much like recent ones....a left hook at the end. I was young....31 in March of 78 and was willing to go on very little sleep. When I spoke to Harvey, he commented on how lucky I was...a profession that was guaranteed to support me reasonably well vs meteorology. The rest is history, Harv probably earns in excess of what I do, and he's among the most respected TV mets around. Of course, I did fine in my own field.......but it's not the same as all of you snow obsessed weenies know...

I'm in low. The fact I'm not in "none" is comforting.

Archived