• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance

Spring Banter

Just now, Hoth said:

Buy Guy Fieri says it's going to the moon!

Impossible. Like mathematically, it just doesn’t make sense. If they think $10 is within reach, the math says for that to happen the market value would be higher than China’s DGP...which is insane. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Impossible. Like mathematically, it just doesn’t make sense. If they think $10 is within reach, the math says for that to happen the market value would be higher than China’s DGP...which is insane. 

He's just pumping like Gene Simmons and Marc Cuban so someone else can hold their bags.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

He's just pumping like Gene Simmons and Marc Cuban so someone else can hold their bags.

I think this is pretty important to note. Guys like musk and company pumping doge are doing it so they can inflate the price and quietly get our while it’s high.

Similar to GameStop, the inexperienced investor is going to be left holding the back when the big players get out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I’m sure these guys have millions of coins they bought at a fraction of a penny. Joke money to them but if they can make like $25mill off of $50k...”here son, here is your birthday present.”

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m sure these guys have millions of coins they bought at a fraction of a penny. Joke money to them but if they can make like $25mill off of $50k...”here son, here is your birthday present.”

Pretty much. I wonder how many little guys get overexcited and dump their savings into one of these coins, only to get wrecked. I'd bet it's a surprising number.

Folks that wish for a crash and people to lose money always amazes me, but I guess if you have nothing invested, why not. I do think it goes down, but hopefully it’s a steady decline not crash, even though I think it will crash I don’t hope for it.

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

Folks that wish for a crash and people to lose money always amazes me, but I guess if you have nothing invested, why not. I do think it goes down, but hopefully it’s a steady decline not crash, even though I think it will crash I don’t hope for it.

It's not meant in that way, obviously.  It's like hoping for a tornado to rip shit up. You don't want to see the lives of people get torn upside down. It's just the principle of it.

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

I guess its a bit like. I hope a tornado hits or hurricane hits.. idk I see that on Twitter all the time

I just said that lol. It is like that. This whole thing is just crazy.

32 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Not aimed at anyone, just got me thinking when I saw the posts , I see in all stocks, some are folks shorting stocks. I don’t think you can short coins can u?

Correct. Can’t short coins. 

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just said that lol. It is like that. This whole thing is just crazy.

It is crazy. And the Fed/Treasury know this, but have clearly backed themselves into a corner. Note how quickly Yellen reversed her comments about raising rates to combat inflation when the market dropped a measly 2% yesterday. The stock/credit/real estate markets have become so bubbly, and so much individual savings/wealth has been thrown into them and other nonsense like shitcoins, that they are now a significant risk to the economy if they falter. The Fed has no choice but to promise zero rates and more emergency QE even though the economy is growing at an almost unheard of rate and showing signs of overheating.

38 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Lol at wishing individual investors, who mostly took to it during the pandemic when their options to make money where crippled, to go belly up. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol at wishing individual investors speculators, who mostly took to it during the pandemic when their options to make money where crippled, to go belly up. 

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well, there could be a day or two this year Gamestop is the most valuable company on the planet and Ryan Cohen is the first trillionaire so...lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It is crazy. And the Fed/Treasury know this, but have clearly backed themselves into a corner. Note how quickly Yellen reversed her comments about raising rates to combat inflation when the market dropped a measly 2% yesterday. The stock/credit/real estate markets have become so bubbly, and so much individual savings/wealth has been thrown into them and other nonsense like shitcoins, that they are now a significant risk to the economy if they falter. The Fed has no choice but to promise zero rates and more emergency QE even though the economy is growing at an almost unheard of rate and showing signs of overheating.

People  are offering 50k-100k over asking prices to bet a house  in my area, it's probably worse in and near Boston. That can't last

Just now, DavisStraight said:

People  are offering 50k-100k over asking prices to bet a house  in my area, it's probably worse in and near Boston. That can't last

I'm getting allot more price drop alerts on my zillow, so I think it's coming..as some said, once post covid and more houses go up for sale, prices will drop.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

$1 is as far as it gets in my opinion before the big guys dump.

It's scary that people are dumping their life savings into Doge when a few wallets could dump nearly half the coins if they wanted to causing a massive price plunge.

My prediction is there will be a run-up to Musk's SNL appearance and then things will crash hard as it approaches a dollar.

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Lots of people may sadly end up leveraged and underwater at some point in the coming years. ...Or maybe we go full Wiemar and their two bedroom makes them paper trillionaires...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Every house in my neighborhood that goes on the market gets snapped up quickly, renovated and flipped. It's like we're back in the 2005-6 days when this is considered a sure fire way to get rich.

We need a reset, a good crash to come back to normality. 

And I just sold my DOGE.  Bought $20 last week, so made $23....hey I'll take it. 

23 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's scary that people are dumping their life savings into Doge when a few wallets could dump nearly half the coins if they wanted to causing a massive price plunge.

My prediction is there will be a run-up to Musk's SNL appearance and then things will crash hard as it approaches a dollar.

Yeah, if this craze continues after it drops maybe I'll educate myself more and throw play money at it. Nobody needs to get butthurt from what I said...it's more of a comment about how insane this is. It seems like it's at a high point and not worth getting into it, but on the other hand...the overall trend line likely is for it to keep going up?

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Pretty much. I wonder how many little guys get overexcited and dump their savings into one of these coins, only to get wrecked. I'd bet it's a surprising number.

It's the American public, nothing surprises me anymore, :lol:.

I got in at 0.22 and got out at 0.6 yesterday in Doge.  Its hard to watch it go up another 10% today but I had 0.5 as my "out" and then when it blew past that I mentally said 0.6... and feel pretty good that I stuck to that one finally.  Made several thousand in free money to get some home improvement plans rolling this summer. It's definitely straight up gambling and definitely feels weird, I'll be honest. Certainly not "earned" money.  Feels a little dirty for some reason, ha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, if this craze continues after it drops maybe I'll educate myself more and throw play money at it. Nobody needs to get butthurt from what I said...it's more of a comment about how insane this is. It seems like it's at a high point and not worth getting into it, but on the other hand...the overall trend line likely is for it to keep going up?

I mean sure as long as the hype continues it could go up. Doge is being listed on other places too which helps.

I'm still learning about the crypto space but I do know Doge was created as a joke to make light of cryptocurrency.

It was intended to make people feel at ease about the space. The creator of Doge is prob crapping himself seeing what's been happening. 

But I guess the jokes on everyone. If a meme coin could do this then everything we've ever known about money & economics is nonsense. 

41 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think that's what most feel like.  I know several who say they'll get out on Friday before SNL.  I think each time it goes up another ten cents it levels off pretty fast.  Yesterday it did it right around 0.6.... today it shot up to near 0.7 and has sense leveled off back down a bit.

Human nature is to like round numbers to get out at... it's an interesting pattern to me.  It gets right up to a new multiple of ten and then people dump some, it levels off back down about 5 cents for a while under the peak.