Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Winter starts in April if GEFs gets its way...

Five nights of banging negative NAO with a huge rise in the PNA… It’s going to prove to y’all not to discount Tele connectors so early in the season for one but secondly ...indicates a seriously f*ed up spring until mid May “IF” that happens...

Originally I had surmise the possibility that as the flow relaxed, the Lanina would maybe take over and we ‘d end up with a warmer spring consistent with that longer-term ENSO footprint ...

that doesn’t seem to be emerging -

Instead we are manufacturing the same shit that happened for the last five years… Which is to say the flow relaxes—> blocky notes pop —> seasonal rollback screwed

This is to be expected.  Some on here told us we would pay for this nice March weather.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

You can have my hose when you take it from my cold dead hand.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

You can have my hose when you take it from my cold dead hand.

Honestly Mike, even dead, would you really want that detached. As always ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Lol it’s amazing the obsession with drought.  

One or two on this board share is the unfounded fear of the dust bowl every year. 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Cloudy breezy 40s here - liked Sun-Mon-Tues a bit more.
"Pack" down to 4".

Yeah....Pit2 sitting at 43 and clouds.  FTL.

22 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Remember when they told us to stop being so pessimistic about this big snowstorm because it had so much model support? LOL

It seems that this winter the models have shown us that at 7 days out a  snowstorm has about a 10% chance of verifying, while at 7 days out a rainstorm has about a 90% chance of verifying.

57 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Top in traffic, top in pop density, top in covid deaths per cap, top in closed schools, top in closed restaurants per cap. So glad you live there and we don't. 

Link for those statements?   Pretty high life quality here.  Congested near the city-of course! But life expectancy in the top tier within the US and that’s a telling statistic.  Incidentally CT life expectancy is high.   Nothing beats HI

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Link for those statements?   Pretty high life quality here.  Congested near the city-of course! But life expectancy in the top tier within the US and that’s a telling statistic.  Incidentally CT life expectancy is high.   Nothing beats HI

Glad we live there.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Just jousting with Scooter. Glad we live at all

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, bch2014 said:

There are a lot of ridiculous things that happen in MA politics but one moniker that is simply not empirically accurate is “Taxachusetts.”

Massachusetts is squarely middle of pack:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/111555224

Yeah--that changed once Romney got into office.  I think we still give people the option to pay a higher rate if they choose.  I think about 3 people choose to do that each year--probably from Somerville.  Now we're Maskachussetts.  :)