• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

63/24...higher dews in N/C NH today than S NH. I wonder if it's the residual snow melt and mud season putting a little moisture

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

network:NH_ASOS::zstation:LCI::var:dwpf:

Oh man are there some Scooter golden years in this plot. Just pumping out 300 hours of sub-50 dewpoints while he was crushing juice boxes.

Missing over 20% of the data too :lol:

Just now, OceanStWx said:

network:NH_ASOS::zstation:LCI::var:dwpf:

Oh man are there some Scooter golden years in this plot. Just pumping out 300 hours of sub-50 dewpoints while he was crushing juice boxes.

I can't tell you how many times it was freezing up there in late July.  I think one year we left our house while it was in the 70s. Got up there with self destructive sun, and I'll never forget the bank thermometer on Rt 25 as you climb the hill in Meredith heading east to CH. 58F. My mom had a meltdown. :lol:  

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can't tell you how many times it was freezing up there in late July.  I think one year we left our house while it was in the 70s. Got up there with self destructive sun, and I'll never forget the bank thermometer on Rt 25 as you climb the hill in Meredith heading east to CH. 58F. My mom had a meltdown. :lol:  

Spent many days trying to convince the parents to take us to Funspot instead of forcing us to play at the beach on a chilly day.

I don't do dews too well ...

I like following summer synoptic meteorology ... monitoring heat wave genesis this ... and albeit rarefied, convection that, when set up luck prevails ...etc.  

I enjoy the heat to a point, if it is dry-ish.  I think of 86 with a decent breeze rustling the trees and swaying branches, with a DP of 52  ... utopia.  

Add DP to that?  turns to hell on Earth very fast ... very small wiggle room ...  Say 54 ... I think o 56 DP at any temperature above 85 as pushing it  - almost no room for margin and it's sack sticker annoying.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Humidity sucks. What the hell is wrong with you guys? LOL

It's a select cult in here that loves high dewpoints. Most people don't like them. We actually ran a poll in this subforum several years back and lower dewpoints overwhelmingly won. I can't stand them either. Utterly useless unless I'm at a pool party or something. They suck for biking, golfing, hiking, and being outside with my boys in the backyard. I'll take 80/50 all summer long if offered.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's a select cult in here that loves high dewpoints. Most people don't like them. We actually ran a poll in this subforum several years back and lower dewpoints overwhelmingly won. I can't stand them either. Utterly useless unless I'm at a pool party or something. They suck for biking, golfing, hiking, and being outside with my boys in the backyard. I'll take 80/50 all summer long if offered.

agree on the uselessness of humidity, 80's with 50's dewpoint is perfect weather.. if we had decent severe weather or hurricanes I would change my mind.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

... mm hm, just say 'anything outdoors'

I'd also add, 'biting' to that list - not only does it rhyme ( lol...) there's nothing more soothing when you are already irritated to the brink by 90/75 and it is THEN that the giant f'n horse fly knows to tunnel the back of your neck for oil -

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't know man, get a nice 85/70 day and the tourists stay away from the course you can really start bombing your drives like Bryson.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I don't know man, get a nice 85/70 day and the tourists stay away from the course you can really start bombing your drives like Bryson.

On the flip side, just keep the dews low and dry out the soil so your drive rolls 150 yards.

I hit a 400 yard drive down on the Cape in late June 1999 (very dry that month)...had a 9 iron into the par 5. Stuck it to 2 feet and then missed it. :lol:

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tolland Hills upslope event. Like the difference between J.Spin and BTV.  Those are fun events, cool stuff.

The thing is though.. something like that event around here probably happens every 50 years. With the hills getting 6-10” and everyone else almost nothing. Very very rare . Up there it happens weekly lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

On the flip side, just keep the dews low and dry out the soil so your drive rolls 150 yards.

I hit a 400 yard drive down on the Cape in late June 1999 (very dry that month)...had a 9 iron into the par 5. Stuck it to 2 feet and then missed it. :lol:

Once we get into moderate drought this year just imagine the combination roll out and thin air on the Tolland Massif.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think only certain people took part in that poll. I’d be willing to bet if it was done again today, and all posters took part on it, you’d see a closer result . Freak and Scoots are two examples who would vote differently now 

• Confused 1