joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can you post the indicies showing this huge flip? TIA

Nope.

Was told by a few reliable posters here that is what looks to happen with the indices up coming during the time of this said event.  That’s good enough for me, cuz I don’t have a premeditated agenda.  

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Maybe a few sloppy inches here, Northern areas of ME/NH/VT i would favor right now.

Hey, if it’s only a few sloppy inches for you, then let it pass by all means.  I know you’re done with it, and I don’t blame you.  It’s time to move on for all. But long way to go with this one up your way unfortunately.  

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nope.

Was told by a few reliable posters here that is what looks to happen with the indices up coming during the time of this said event.  That’s good enough for me, cuz I don’t have a premeditated agenda.  

Mouth is alive .. juice is like wine . and your’re hungry like the wolf.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey, if it’s only a few sloppy inches for you, then let it pass by all means.  I know you’re done with it, and I don’t blame you.  It’s time to move on for all. But long way to go with this one up your way unfortunately.  

Wee bit rough up in the county last weekend Wolfe, Hope they see it though.

019308F9-51E5-4DE2-AB16-52989E57569D.jpeg

DCC45AC0-C456-42D3-AA05-568ABDECEEAA.jpeg

• Sad 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Wee bit rough up in the county last weekend Wolfe, Hope they see it though

Ya a buddy of mine is up there picking up his trailer and sleds to bring back home. He tried to do some riding Sunday, after 22 miles they called it quits. Dirt and water everywhere, and 64 degrees in Sinclair.  It’s over up there for them too.  Now if they grab two feet from this upcoming system, the locals will ride another week or two, but that’s about it.   

I hit it perfect a few weeks ago..first week of March was perfect..best it was all season. Got home on the 8th, and I called it a very good season for us.  I’m Look forward to next December, and a fresh new season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya a buddy of mine is up there picking up his trailer and sleds to bring back home. He tried to do some riding Sunday, after 22 miles they called it quits. Dirt and water everywhere, and 64 degrees in Sinclair.  It’s over up there for them too.  Now if they grab two feet from this upcoming system, the locals will ride another week or two, but that’s about it.   

I hit it perfect a few weeks ago..first week of March was perfect..best it was all season. Got home on the 8th, and I called it a very good season for us.  I’m Look forward to next December, and a fresh new season. 

Yup, Grooming operations are over, The guys that ride off trail will still get some if this weekend works out in the mountains and back country, But it was decent north and west of here this winter as you already know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maybe a few sloppy inches here, Northern areas of ME/NH/VT i would favor right now.

Will grooming be done in northern ME by the time this “could” happen?  If there was any possibility, I would consider making the drive and buying a : day registration. 

Just now, mreaves said:

Will grooming be done in northern ME by the time this “could” happen?  If there was any possibility, I would consider making the drive and buying a : day registration. 

Well, looks like I should have read the posts below the one I quoted!  

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Well, looks like I should have read the posts below the one I quoted!  

Ya they’re pretty much done after this warm period.  Very LIL snow left to groom now. And even if they pick up a couple feet...I don’t think they’ll resume any grooming due to the very late date. If it was a month ago...for sure they would have. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya they’re pretty much done after this warm period.  Very LIL snow left to groom now. And even if they pick up a couple feet...I don’t think they’ll resume any grooming due to the very late date. If it was a month ago...for sure they would have. 

Would not be cold enough going forward for the snow to set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 512high said:

impressed, I thought you would have been in the 50s all day, maybe ocean roads were, not sure if your inland, or near new castle

About 3 miles in from the Atlantic. Also, not sure if a fan-aspirated radiation shield might have had me staying in the high 50s but I think it's still pretty accurate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Wee bit rough up in the county last weekend Wolfe, Hope they see it though.

DCC45AC0-C456-42D3-AA05-568ABDECEEAA.jpeg

Jeff, where were those pictures taken? 

Problem with this season, is they never really had a significant frozen base. So everybody knew that any real warmth or big rain in mid March, would wipe it out quick, as we see from these pictures. Unlike other years when there’s a huge frozen base, that can hang tough for weeks at the end.