• Member Statistics

    16,616
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs
    Joined
nj2va

Spring Watch 2021

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Ef this winter, I am good with an early and dry spring!  Bring it!

Yeah, LFG.  I’m ready to sit outside on the patio, fire up the grill, and get to gardening.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Renting a lakefront cabin at Deep Creek Lake the weekend of the Spring Solstice.  Hard to say what conditions we'll find there 4 weeks from now.

Expect clouds, chilly weather, and potentially some snow.  Of the four seasons, spring is by far the worst there as its seemingly always chilly and raining until Memorial Day.  Not to sound like a complete deb. :lol:  

In all seriousness, hopefully its good weather...there’s so much snow on the ground that unless there’s an epic torch, I’d expect snow to still be around then.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nj2va said:

Expect clouds, chilly weather, and potentially some snow.  Of the four seasons, spring is by far the worst there as its seemingly always chilly and raining until Memorial Day.  Not to sound like a complete deb. :lol:  

In all seriousness, hopefully its good weather...there’s so much snow on the ground that unless there’s an epic torch, I’d expect snow to still be around then.

The place we are staying has a wood stove inside and a backyard fire pit so we should be set either way.  It also has a deep water dock and canoes and kayaks available but I doubt if we will be able to get out onto the lake unless we get a big-time thaw the next few weeks.  We always carry a folding canopy with us, big enough to cover a hot tub if it’s raining.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blizzardmeiser said:

Clown maps like our snow ones?

There’s like zero chance of that map being right, but come March, I’m ready for it.

And @WxWatcher007, if you’re sneaking around this thread looking for victims, count me out. I’ll still be looking for snow between fishing days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Every single torch this winter  modeled at range got muted to just 1 or 2 days of 5-10F above normal.  I'm going with seasonal trends 

I’ll say this... I have a snowboarding trip to Canaan on March 4-7th.... not too worried about it being wintery. Look at the 12z models. Being a resident of dc for 30 years... spring doesn’t come cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s like zero chance of that map being right, but come March, I’m ready for it.

And @WxWatcher007, if you’re sneaking around this thread looking for victims, count me out. I’ll still be looking for snow between fishing days.

Same. Shad should be running in three-four weeks even if it’s cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Every single torch this winter  modeled at range got muted to just 1 or 2 days of 5-10F above normal.  I'm going with seasonal trends 

Take this winter crap to a winter thread! :sun:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Every single torch this winter  modeled at range got muted to just 1 or 2 days of 5-10F above normal.  I'm going with seasonal trends 

5-10 above normal in early March is highs in the 60s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.