February 14-16 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Crazy depths around Chicago. Depths gotten quite nice here in Southeast Michigan as well. East Side has the deepest snow right now. Snow depth in SE MI vary anywhere from 11 to 18". We had 15" here this morning, 14" at Detroit, 15" White Lake, 13" ann arbor, 16" bad axe, 17" Richmond.  As mentioned above the 17" snow depth in Toledo is their deepest since 1978. We however had deeper snow in 2014 & 2015.

I am surprised the snow depth wasn't higher in 2014 in Toledo. We had 40 inches of snow and it was also the 7th coldest January on record.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snohio said:

I am surprised the snow depth wasn't higher in 2014 in Toledo. We had 40 inches of snow and it was also the 7th coldest January on record.

I'm surprised too. peak depth at Detroit was 16" in Jan, 20" Feb, 16" March. Toledo only peaked at 13" in Jan and 12" in Feb. The only thing I can think of is with the insane constant drifting of snow, open areas (ie nw ohio) may have had lower level depths with higher drifts? Toledo peaked at 15" in Feb 2015.

Epic snow depth here now, which I haven’t experienced since living in Madison in ‘07-‘08. No way of knowing exactly how much we got, but there are drifts of 3-4’ in the backyard and piles 5-6’ high along the street. Roads are still pretty meh in the city, 290 was even still partially snow-covered on the drive home this afternoon. 

Safe to say the perennials are well-protected this year. 
AF4D7BD4-17B3-42FE-96E3-C02C93E98EF5.thumb.jpeg.2247cae8ade53000bad4b2bfba085a66.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

That was the old days with the nipher gauge.  They switched to a snow saber about 5 years or so and they've been fine since (Dare I say maybe even a bit generous with their measurements at times?).  I'm about 10 minutes from the airport and that report is not crazy. 

Funnily enough, after almost an hour spent shoveling, it doesn't feel like the storm was a bust. It looks and feels like deep winter out there.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, vortex said:

Nice.  Sounds bout the same here.  Hopefully Ricky (LOT) uses your measurement for an “official” total for Kankakee.  Going to be interesting, to say the least, to see what the other observers  totals are.  

Looks like by their map, they went with the lowballs. lol, figures. Regardless, safe to say 8-10" fell across the county.

After shoveling the driveway out tonight, from the city plowing it shut, I snapped a few photos around from the house.  

Feb 16, 2021 snow house copy.jpg

Feb 16, 2021 middle copy.jpg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Looks like by their map, they went with the lowballs. lol, figures. Regardless, safe to say 8-10" fell across the county.

After shoveling the driveway out tonight, from the city plowing it shut, I snapped a few photos around from the house.  

Feb 16, 2021 snow house copy.jpg

Feb 16, 2021 middle copy.jpg

The worst.  I actually shoveled the street next to the curb to try to prevent this, but it doesn't look like anyone else did.  So if the plows come through on a final run, probably gonna get screwed.  

11 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Time to knock the snow off that puppy and do a little grillin :D

lol, the gf wanted to cook out Sunday night. Told her I was too lazy to dig it out. So I went to my parent's house and used their grill. They keep it in the garage. :D

• Haha 1