Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/6/-2/7 Snow Threat

wncsnow

51 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

GSP just took your seven inch snow out to the woodshed. They ain’t biting and I don’t blame them. It’s just gonna be a cold miserable rain in the upstate like always.

1B337A57-8D73-4A69-87CD-D0D568268C4C.png

There's been a few times recently where GSP has been way too conservative and been caught with their pants down at go time. Having said that, this is where my money would be and it's probably the most likely.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Don’t do this to yourselves y’all. If you aren’t in the mountains, this is a bunch of rain. It’s 51 degrees here...

Not gonna lie even up this way a little concerned. 43/21 and I would obv assume the dew would continue to moisten up. Have seen this play out before too where I go to bed wake up and it’s 36-37 outside with the grass covered. It’s gonna really have to come down.

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about temps. All the models forecasted 50 and up for a lot of us today so this isn't some big shock.....And as others have said it has and can snow after being warm a few hours earlier. It's cold up high. Rates will overcome 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

It's funny how everyone is freaking out about temps. All the models forecasted 50 and up for a lot of us today so this isn't some big shock.....And as others have said it has and can snow after being warm a few hours earlier. It's cold up high. Rates will overcome 

We do this every storm. Usually the same People.

• Like 2

Just now, wncsnow said:

I really think the southern escarpment from Cashiers to Brevard up to Lake Lure and Old Fort may cash out. They will have the best rates and higher elevation. Could definitely see 4 to 6 there. 

If the banding and qpf on most models are accurate, I think they’ll be in the 6-10 range. It’s definitely gonna be the jackpot area. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gritsnc said:

Brad P just said basically rain for everyone outside of the higher elevation mountains. On to the next one, if there is a next one.

It will snow outside of the higher elevations, I guarantee some foothills and northwest piedmont areas get a few inches at least. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gritsnc said:

Brad P just said basically rain for everyone outside of the higher elevation mountains. On to the next one, if there is a next one.

What has happened to him? He used to be a giant Weenie now he just takes a dump all over everything. I swear everything could be showing a foot and he’d still say “meh N if I-40 maybe a slushy inch I’m just not seeing much else” :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

We do this every storm. Usually the same People.

I get it but the floor for my area is probably 34-36 tonight based on current obs and DPs. I want snow just as much as anybody but I’m not going to wishcast it. Rates can definitely overcome but that tends to be convective and isolated, not uniform.